Angeltown - Phoenix from Ashes

Back from holidays. Po4 rise and Cyanos gone. Colours also. But I am happy without Cyanos. Adult Xanthichthys mento die because take no food. Reefbot send a few days Po4, KH, No3 and No2. Last days only Po4. Have to look what is the problem. Info said insufficient but normally it can't empty after a few days.

https://youtu.be/_U3fm9we5Bg

Greetings Torben

This is looking good again Torben! If you ever need a hotel for your arcuatus and interrupta... ;)

Angeltown - Phoenix from Ashes

Any updates? Love these large tanks and after seeing the freedom the fish have it pains me to know people put tangs in 75-90g tanks and think it's ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hello@all

Yes here is a little update.

2 Achilles introduced a few days ago 5 minutes before lights turn off. Sohal and 2 leucosternum were not amused and directly fight against Achilles. Darkness stopped aggressions. I was afraid for next morning. Sunrise is nearly 4 o clock and go through the window to tank. I stand up at 6.30am and went directly to tank. No aggressions anymore. Leucosternum, Achilles and Sohal next to each other. Of course sohal shows a few times that he is the boss but nothing I have to be afraid of in this moment. Achilles, tiny and large, eat frozen food and pellets a few hours later. That's a good sign.
Here my stocklist :

Acanthurus sohal adult
Acanthurus lineatus tiny
2 Acanthurus leucosternum
2 Acanthurus achilles
1 Acanthurus polyzona
1 Ctenochaetus flavicauda
15 Zebrasoma flavissima
2 Zebrasoma rostratum
2 Zebrasoma gemmatum
1 Zebrasoma desjardinii
1 Naso vlamengii
1 Naso elegans

2 Zanclus cornutus
1 Forcipiger longirostris
3 Hemitaurichthys polylepis

1 Pomacanthus annularis semi adult
2 Pomacanthus imperator semi adult
1 Holacanthus clarionensis
1 Apolemichthys arcuatus
1 Apolemichthys griffisi
2 Chaetodontoplus personifer
2 Centropyge multicolor
1 Centropyge interrupta
1 Paracentropyge multifaciata tb

1 Anampses lennardi
2 Labroides dimidiatus
1 Labroides bicolor

2 Liopropoma carmabi
2 Oxycirrhites typus
1 Neocirrhites armatus
2 Meiacanthus kamoharai
2 Oxymonacanthus halli

2 Pseudanthias pascalus
4 Pseudanthias pleurotaenia
2 Pseudanthias ventralis
7 Pseudanthias evansi
7 Pseudanthias parvirostris
4 Serranocirrhitus latus

Greetings Torben

Last edited:
Awesome, love all the fish. The size definitely helps with the aggression.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes I think so but there are to many tangs if all fully grown. I think I have to sell a few then.
May be I change the yellow tangs if they are adult against tiny ones again...

Greetings Torben

Hey guys
Here are a few new fish.

2 Chaetodontoplus conspicillatus tank breed from Poma Labs. I think about the size they are from the first batch. Is there are a second batch already?
1x Holacanthus clarionensis tank breed from Bali aquarich
1 x Chaetodon mitratus tiny
2 x Gymnothorax melatremus
2 x Odontanthias borbonius

Tank transfer has done and fish went to tank last night.

https://youtu.be/h-2UxeVexOI

Somebody know something about Ted Krupman? He updated since years regularly his fantastic treat and now he does not since long time
cbbf37e860363a192a4f3ffa047e3ce1.jpg
00f6e72ffe90e8fb594d45ceb39c7abe.jpg
87edea3dfb7c16ec632bf6392b8ef07f.jpg
cecd506f6d699ea0205e112d06057b59.jpg
02934dbb6668399228f9b61d99999b9c.jpg

Also have a bad lost. Catch my bandit to pair up with a second bigger one in my coral nursery. Had a power failure for nine hours in the night. Coral nursery is the same water system like the display tank in our living room. But more half of my fish died in there. Display noting happens. I thing because small water and much corals that produced Co2 at night. Also a few SSC and other corals died.

Fish lost
2 Apolemichthys arcuatus
1 Chaetodon personifer tb bigger one
1 Naso elegans
1 Chaetodon auriga

Fish survived
1 Holacanthus clarionensis Medium
1 Chaetodontoplus personifer smaller one
1 Siganus medium size

Gruß Torben
38ca138633c3ceb0f0851e7126e74d0a.jpg

Greetings Torben

Last edited:
Hey guys
Here are a few new fish.

2 Chaetodontoplus conspicillatus tank breed from Poma Labs. I think about the size they are from the first batch. Is there are a second batch already?
1x Holacanthus clarionensis tank breed from Bali aquarich
1 x Chaetodon mitratus tiny
2 x Gymnothorax melatremus
2 x Odontanthias borbonius

Tank transfer has done and fish went to tank last night.

https://youtu.be/h-2UxeVexOI

Somebody know something about Ted Krupman? He updated since years regularly his fantastic treat and now he does not since long time
cbbf37e860363a192a4f3ffa047e3ce1.jpg
00f6e72ffe90e8fb594d45ceb39c7abe.jpg
87edea3dfb7c16ec632bf6392b8ef07f.jpg
cecd506f6d699ea0205e112d06057b59.jpg
02934dbb6668399228f9b61d99999b9c.jpg

Also have a bad lost. Catch my bandit to pair up with a second bigger one in my coral nursery. Had a power failure for nine hours in the night. Coral nursery is the same water system like the display tank in our living room. But more half of my fish died in there. Display noting happens. I thing because small water and much corals that produced Co2 at night. Also a few SSC and other corals died.

Fish lost
2 Apolemichthys arcuatus
1 Chaetodon personifer tb bigger one
1 Naso elegans
1 Chaetodon auriga

Fish survived
1 Holacanthus clarionensis Medium
1 Chaetodontoplus personifer smaller one
1 Siganus medium size

Gruß Torben
38ca138633c3ceb0f0851e7126e74d0a.jpg

Greetings Torben

Ted isn't on here much anymore due to the site in general not being very busy. I don't have contact info for him outside of RC so I have no update to provide. In other news, Hedgedrew (Andrew) purchased the Peppermint that Divers Den a few months back

Νιcenew additions. Sorry about your loses.

Don't you have a back up electrical system?
Not in this moment. But this would not helpful in this situation because the electrical fuse jumps out. It was my mistake because I recognized a message from Apex but I confound the orange sign up in handy the the orange singn of my Alkatronic. So I didn't recognize.

Greetings Torben

Ted isn't on here much anymore due to the site in general not being very busy. I don't have contact info for him outside of RC so I have no update to provide. In other news, Hedgedrew (Andrew) purchased the Peppermint that Divers Den a few months back
Bad news of Ted. What's happens to RC?

Good news of Andrew. Hope we see pictures. Peppermint. Did Karen or Bali aquarich to attempt breeding peppermint? I think I reaad something like that. What's the price for peppermint? 30k?

Greetings Torben

Ted sold his fish to Andrew, so they are in good hands. He’s remolding his house and the tank had to go. He will come back he said, hopefully in the 3-4000g range I think he said

Ted sold his fish to Andrew, so they are in good hands. He's remolding his house and the tank had to go. He will come back he said, hopefully in the 3-4000g range I think he said
Thanks for response

Very good news

I saw Andrews build treat on an other forum ;)

Greetings Torben

Back