Announcement! Welcome Aboard!

Reefanatic67

Welcome reef enthusiast from South Florida. This forum was created by and for individuals in the South Florida area who share an interest in Reef/Saltwater Aquaria to have a place to gather. We wanted a centralized medium for trading coral frags, fish, and even dry goods. We are currently attempting to organize our group, so please bear with us. Once we get this off the ground, we hope to be able to accomplish all of the above. As of now, there are no meetings scheduled, no dues, and no obligations. We are attempting to keep this as simple as possible.

If you are interested in joining, please send Joe Graber (RC handle = JDG) an E-mail so that he can include you in our mailing list. You can also just simply subscribe to this board and will receive an E-mail when a message is added.

Again, welcome aboard!

Thanks and Enjoy!

Please remember that if you want to get notified by e-mail anytime someone posts on this forum, that you need to 'Subscribe to this forum'. The hyperlink is generally on the top-right hand corner of the screen just below the 'New Thread' button. :)

Joe.

South Florida Reef Club

South Florida Reef Club

I live in Boca Raton and I am interested in joining. Have you started meeting yet?

Just wondering if there is any updates on future meetings taking place. I know there is the Florida Marine Aquarium Society but they meet up in Dania, hopefully we can also get something going on here.

canes218 said:
Just wondering if there is any updates on future meetings taking place. I know there is the Florida Marine Aquarium Society but they meet up in Dania, hopefully we can also get something going on here.

We really didn't set this club up to attend meetings and stuff, unless that is what you all want. We just wanted a forum on this board to chat and post our own personal stuff for sale, or to take advantage of group ordering...etc, without the worries that joining a bigger club entailed.

In addition, the member that was in charge of creating our E-mail address group is no longer participating on this forum, so we are going to have to re-do that all over again.

I guess we as a group need to decide, do we want to expand this group by going to meetings and doing frag swaps, ...etc, or do we just want to keep it as is, just for communication. Just to let you know, if we do take this a step further, I do know of a couple of RC sponsors willing to provide us discounts on group sales.

I'm flexible, so you guys tell me! :D

I also need someone to volunteer creating another mail group for this forum.....we can then have it associated with this forum.

Manny.......

This is a cool idea, I'm in for frag meets and such.

Reefanatic67, when you say you need help creating a mail group does that mean that you just want someone to keep a list with everyones address so the mailings go out to everyone or you want a kind of forum for the group? Either way I can do either or both, I have server space and empty forums to put to use.

I say we have a frag meet soon, I have some leathers, xenias, bunch of zoos and some misc stuff for trade.

sonic said:
This is a cool idea, I'm in for frag meets and such.

Reefanatic67, when you say you need help creating a mail group does that mean that you just want someone to keep a list with everyones address so the mailings go out to everyone or you want a kind of forum for the group? Either way I can do either or both, I have server space and empty forums to put to use.

I say we have a frag meet soon, I have some leathers, xenias, bunch of zoos and some misc stuff for trade.

What I mean is that we currently have an E-mail group that all our E-mail addresses were added to, and this board forwards E-mails to it as well. The group E-mail is sfrag@yahoogroup.com. Anyway, the person that set it up is no longer on this board, so we can't edit it as needed. We need a newer mail group created so that we can add/remove members as needed.

I'm with you. I've still got 3 Orange Monti, 2 Tan monti, and an Orange Monti Cap frags in my tank. Not to mention pom-poms and blue mushrooms.

Manny.......

Last edited:
ok. I went ahead and created a new group at yahoo, much like the older one you guys had. I guess I will be managing this new group, I'm a web developer so I'm online pretty much most of the day. Heres the group info.

Group name: SFRA
Group home page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SFRA
Group email: SFRA@yahoogroups.com

I don't have access to the old group so I can't just copy the email addresses. Everyone thats interested in joining should go ahead and do so or send me you emails and I'll add you. In time I'll even create a small site for us so we can put up pics of our setups and cool stuff like that. let me know what else I can do.

Oliver.

sonic said:
ok. I went ahead and created a new group at yahoo, much like the older one you guys had. I guess I will be managing this new group, I'm a web developer so I'm online pretty much most of the day. Heres the group info.

Group name: SFRA
Group home page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SFRA
Group email: SFRA@yahoogroups.com

I don't have access to the old group so I can't just copy the email addresses. Everyone thats interested in joining should go ahead and do so or send me you emails and I'll add you. In time I'll even create a small site for us so we can put up pics of our setups and cool stuff like that. let me know what else I can do.

Oliver.

Thanks Oliver...I'll shoot my e-mail address over to you.

No, no one has started anything in Boca. I agree Miami is to far. I'm in favor of getting a group together closer to the Boca area. Anyone else interested in the Boca/Delray area?

Back