Announcement! Welcome Aboard!

I am a realatively new reefer and I only know of one other. Does anyone else around here have the ability to organize or facilitate a group? Does anyone care enough to do so? Would anyone actually come to a gathering? And if so, what would be the purpose? I have a job, a couple of kids, and am active in my church so I really could not fit in another social gathering but would be interested in getting together for something more.
Does that make sense?

I'm in Delray. I would love a group closer. However, I don't have the time or experience to set one up either. I'm currently in the process of growing out my coral's anyway. so... I don't have any to trade and I'm looking for frags myself.

Tony

Hey guys, I'm from Miami too and trying to startup a tank :D I live around the Kendall area, and wondering if anyone has any tanks for sale. Whenever I find someone with a tank in my size and price range, they always seem to dissapear :-/
I need a 75Gallon tank, as well as a stand for the best price you can.
If any of you go to Killian Senior High, which I doubt you do.. but anyway, I'd love to talk :D
See ya, and thanks.

Looks good, but, I don't think I have enough money for that :x
I'm thinking of converting my 10G into either a Nano Reef, or just a FOWLR, 2 clowns.

Talk to Rocky(Scubadude). I think he is a member of ORCA, but he is in the Arcadia area. He would know.

Thanks Treeman, Mary, if I find anything I will give you a shout. Hope you did well with Hurricane Charlie, We had some damage in our area (s.w.). I really hope Francis passes us and turns out to sea, but probally not.

Jeff

hey

hey

i live in jupiter and i want to have meetings. why not have them at the science museum or the fair grounds. i mean its worth a try also SONIC will u pm me for my email thanks

Hello everyone. After a 4 year absence from the hobby, Iââ"šÂ¬Ã¢"žÂ¢m starting to get back into it. My buddy/roommate and I have built (well, he did 70% of the work) a stand and canopy from scratch. We just were getting ready for final tank prep when it tank busted. We now have a 150 gal tank coming in and hope to be stocking it with rock in a couple weeks.

I just wanted to say hey to those of you in South Florida. I live in Port Saint Lucie which is about an hour north of West Palm Beach.

Is this place a go?

Is this place a go?

Hey All,

I am a current member of the Atlanta Reef Club. I am moving back to South Florida (miami) and while I know it will be difficult to find, I want to see if there is anything close to what is the Atlanta Reef Club.

The ARC is an amazing club and I would love to have something like that in South Florida where it would seem almost natural given the sheer number of Marine stores in the area. From the looks of it though, the last post here is approaching 3 years old and I am curious to see if maybe there is just a new forum or if it died out.

If the latter is true, I would be glad to take the lead to get this going again. The way I see it, if land-locked Atlanta, GA can have such an amazing reef club with such great, knowledgeable people, then it shouldn't be too difficult to to start something similar in a place where the ocean is never more than a few miles a way.

Hope to hear from some of you and I look forward to meeting you all when I move down.

Thanks,
Jorge

Back