Anti-vibration Pads for in-sumo use

02tts

Anyone know of any safe anti-vibration or vibration absorbing pads? The deep humming coming from the skimmer is driving me nuts, especially after I cleaned the pump last week and it's running strong as new.

I'm not sure if these would end up leaching color or any other material back into the water column:

https://www.supplyhouse.com/Diversi...MI5Lz-yqKO3QIVlQOGCh35bwsiEAQYBiABEgKH7_D_BwE

Just an example. If anyone knows of any or is using any that actually absorbs the humming caused by the pump vibration please share :)

Silicone trivets, yoga mat, mouse pad, all good anti vibration pads that are mostly reef safe.

I looked at yoga mats because I like how much cushion they have but I was afraid that type of material will break up or leach chemicals over time.

I have a piece of yoga mat under my return pump. Been there for about 3 years now. It has not broken down or leached anything into my tank that I know of. Least ICP tells me nothing is leaching.

You can also try a ziplock baggie full of (reef safe) sand. Depending on the type of vibration you may need actual mass to absorb it, not "cushion" in the sense of foam.

Aqua Cave sells a pad just for this. You could also use a glass scrubbing pad.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thank you all. I went to bed bad and beyond, picked up a coupe of small silicone pads, cut them up, put them under the pump and under each corner of the skimmer cone and it is much better.

It's silicone but it's red, I would think it wouldn't leach anything into the water?

Back