Any good denitrators?

reefdawg7

Just wondering what people experiences with denitrators.
Any recommended products,equipment,media,reactors,etc,etc.

I'm using a simple yet effective denitrator."aquaripure"

its dosed with vodka and works very well.

Sulfur" denitrators work well but are typically very expensive and the effluent is acidic.

Same here using the simple "aquaripure" .It has worked great i use the sugar method instead of vodka.I like my livestock sweet not drunk LOL.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13180196#post13180196 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by skippyreef
Using the midwest aquatics reactor and so far I like it :)

+1 I am using the same one and I have had great results!

I have used the sulphur denitrator from Korallin for many years non stop and I think it works great.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13182988#post13182988 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by inachu
this is a confusing thread!

Why would vodka be used?????
food source for the bacteria.

No maintenance. No other reactor required, there is coral gravel in the reactor. Works like a charm for me.

+1 The coral gravel helps neutralize the acidity. It is virtually maintenance free and works as advertised.

This sounds interesting. I am fairly new to this hob-e and I am open to trying new things. Everything seems to going great in my tank the way it is now and I don't know anyone who does this on their set-ups. What are the clear benefits that you guys have noticed? Corals, params, livestock, etc..?

Back