Any news on Kessil's A160WE ?

firemountain

Does anyone have a news update on the release of the Kessil a160WE. On Kessil's website.....coming soon doesn't help me. I need another light for my QT tank, and with already owning Kessil's controller, I could put that to good use, as opposed to buying the 150.

Called Kessil, but no one has gotten back to me yet.

One problem....on their site under news...the controller news was back in May, and it didn't get released until a few weeks ago. Heck...if that is the case, we need to wait until they release the news first, and then potentially at least 4 months after that before it's released.

Something is telling me we are looking at the spring of 2015, especially with a product that hasn't even been listed in the news section. I really would hate to wait that long.

One problem....on their site under news...the controller news was back in May, and it didn't get released until a few weeks ago. Heck...if that is the case, we need to wait until they release the news first, and then potentially at least 4 months after that before it's released.

Something is telling me we are looking at the spring of 2015, especially with a product that hasn't even been listed in the news section. I really would hate to wait that long.

It was released in the News that is how we know about it.

Also, it is their first controller, not their first light.

If I remember correctly the A360 and A360 W-E came out very very soon after they were announced.

The A160 is an update of an old product not a totally new release.

From what I've seen from other forums, they are looking to release sometime this month.

UPDATE: Just got off the phone with Kessil. They indicated that they will be releasing the A160WE in late October, early November. The target price on this light is going to be around $250. She indicated that they would be updating their website very soon for the official announcement.

AWESOME NEWS!!

UPDATE: Just got off the phone with Kessil. They indicated that they will be releasing the A160WE in late October, early November. The target price on this light is going to be around $250. She indicated that they would be updating their website very soon for the official announcement.

AWESOME NEWS!!

Awesome thanks for the News.

Did they say if they were going to discontinue the A150 or if they plan on lowering the current price of 225

AWESOME NEWS!!

Great news. :thumbsup:

What is supposed to be different on the new one? I have the old 150 by Kessil and love it.

Thanks!

Besides having a control knob (like on the 360WE) to adjust light output, it's compatible with Kessil's new Spectral Controller. I do believe it's also going to be more powerful.

I like the fact that it will be able to be adjusted, with the 150 you had to guess on one of the colors and hoped you got the right one.

This is awesome news. I am looking into starting my first reef and love the Kessil lights and planned on getting the A150 when I read the A160 with control option came out soon(ish).

Will 2x A150/160 be enough for a 75G tank?

I have two A360WE on my 65g DT, and it's perfect!! Depends on what you want tot do...for fish only...you MAY get away with 2 A160we, but with the lighting demands of corals, you would be cutting yourself short.

Unless you only buy coral that needs to be higher towards to the top of the tank and closer tot the light....THEN the A160we MIGHT WORK.

Back