Any shooters on here??

A 40 is a polished up 9, 45 and a good shooter is all you need. I know the Military still uses the 45 in some special operations groups, any way to put in a request? Anyway stay safe and I would not want to be on the receiving end of 30 9mm!

Scott Ya to get a 40 or 45 handgun in the army basically gotta be delta force... Wow what am I saying those guys don't even exist! Haha but you gotta be a operator of some sorts in special operations and that's definitely not me lol I'm just a regular dude who switches jobs every 3 years or so to keep it interesting. We can't put request in for that stuff chain of command would laugh and say Ya that'd be awesome- NO what you think this is IN-N-OUT make it the way you like it! Take the weapon and get on post haha but 30 9mm would stop a few guys till the other guys with 9's show up and theyd bring some M4's

9mm would be fine if you were allowed to use HD ammo, but since you gotta use ball ammo.....hmmm....since you are defending against non signatories can you use HD ammo?

and aren't they switching you guys out to the M11/sig 228/9? much better gun IMO

uploadfromtaptalk1433905902512.jpg I was finally able to find a hk p7. I can't wait to shot it this weekend

9mm would be fine if you were allowed to use HD ammo, but since you gotta use ball ammo.....hmmm....since you are defending against non signatories can you use HD ammo?

and aren't they switching you guys out to the M11/sig 228/9? much better gun IMO

There's always rumors that the military is switching out the M9 but they won't do it for a long time till something else has a proven track record, it'd be awesome if they would but I doubt it at least not in the next 2-3 years

Oooh... found this thread, and wanted to say.... Shooter Here!

Been a bird hunter since I was a kid, and was always intrigued with rifles and home protection. Not too much into pistols, but my pops let go of his FFL and dealt only with knives... that led to me, getting his pistol collection. :D

I've been getting into AR stuff (building my own from 80%)... and the collection grows;
DSC_8102_zpsp6cptoee.jpg

Yet, AR10s are still my favorite to shoot;
DSC_8093_zpszj4dfquq.jpg

And then... recently, built a couple AR pistols;
7.5" barrel (pictured) and a 10.5" barrel
2015-01-08%2022.15.10_zpsdtlo5qfn.jpg

Bought the wife a Saiga 7.62x39 (AK47) and she loves it;
2014-12-23%2018.42.59_zpsw1kso6po.jpg

... and converted it, yet it's due to change (hence no picture)

Poppin' off a few rounds in San Diego via the AR10;
John%20-AR10%20308cal%202_zps1sewztv9.jpg

.308 (AR10) really has some punch to it (compared to .223)
Shooting%20-%20308%20damage_zpsq9jwhk6e.jpg

I actually want to get a AR. But I don't want to pcs it together. I was looking at the Daniel Defence but kinda pricey. What's a good lower to start off? That way I could start building my adult Lego :) I'm down to go out. We can have a weekend reefer range day.

Why? Building it is EASY, and more then half the fun. Plus, you know what and how your gun works. I couldn't believe how easy it was... I build'em in about 90 minutes taking my time (with all the parts ready to go on the table).

Look at http://www.jlbillet.com/
He's 5-10min from my house, and where I buy all my lowers. Good guy, and sells nice stuff. He actually sells more then what's on his website, or can get you whatever you need.

... I'd be down to go shootin' with some local San Diego Reefers. But, I don't go to the range (unless it's outdoor). Often we're in legal areas out in the middle of nowhere 20-30min out of San Diego.

I am on vacation this summer and don't head back till late August. I plan on hitting the range in a week or so at Angeles after the in laws are gone. I will post on here when (probably a weekday) and if any of you guys want to join me that would be awesome.

I build mine from 80% too.

I'd be interested to learn more of the AK 80% build... I thought most if not all the kits aren't sold anymore. Are you making your own, riveting or..??? PM me if your not comfy posting it up for everyone to see.

Back