Any shooters on here??

Justin1386

Any of you guys have guns or like shooting guns?

Well I've been in the army for 6years now and have had the opportunity to shoot some amazingly huge guns my job in the army is field artillery and my unit currently shoots 105mm rounds out of a M119 Howitzer. It's a light weight towed howitzer. I'm fresh off the M109A6 Paladin which is basically a beefed up tank which shoots 155mm rounds. A lot of fun I must say lol I've shot everything from .22cal to .50cal Gatling guns to .25mm Gatling with uranium rounds to melt through tanks armor. I have had an amazing time shooting so many different weapons I just thought I'd see if any of you guys share that other passion along with calming aquariums lol kinda different but hey it's all fun.

pa0712_oyster_shooters_1_lg.jpg

Oops, wrong kind

I shoot around at Burro Canyon with my .22LR I can't afford the ammo for real guns haha. I do have a m4 .223 i shoot with about once a month.

I just finished building my tactical DPMS semi auto .308. Gun has quad rail, flutted 24" coated barrel, bipod, mapul grip, stock. 1200 dollar scope with shade. Guns looks and shoots great. Great pig hunting gun.. I think my next project will be a semi auto saiga 12 gauge. Tactical of course. :)

I blew up a lot of explosives (c4, TNT, Etc) when I was in the service( 12B, 12F) I shoot my toys sometimes, I'm thinking of getting into competition shooting but I'm slowly building my gears. Currently have M&P Pro Series 9 :)

Haha call of duty is an awesome game lol

Spicy cracker please post a pic of that .308 I'm thinking of modifying my 7mm into a tactical sniper rifle.

I bought the lever gun in Oct..Took it out a few times and wound up sending it back to Rossi to be fixed. It wont cycle .357....It will cycle .38sp round great.

For 500.00 its hard to beat a Rossi M92 for fun.

Lots of other good stuff in the safe as well..This one is just my latest .

19302811a12986213384l.jpg

I pretty much switched from reefing to shooting. Yeah, I spent more in a few months than my 240g setup was worth in total, but its much more stress free :) I go to the range once a week, and sometimes twice if a friend is in town.

Currently have a 16" Noveske Recon with an NSR, iron sights, Geissele SD-E trigger and BattleComp. Also have a Springfield MC Operator 1911, which was a bit of an impulse buy and worth every cent. I was supposed to pick up a XD-9 and Colt M4 in .22 last Sunday but found out that the salesman that helped me 10 days prior never initiated the DROS :angryfire:

this is usually my once a month ritual to being stress free away from reefing.

40197_477547408311_7201139_n.jpg

HK USP COMPACT .40
GSG mp22
Iteka 20g
Remington 12g
HK 416 22LR
Ruger 10/22
CMMG M4 .223 kit build.

I have a collection of .40s from Glock and Sig.

Only long barrel I have is a Mossberg 590 Marine. But the first time I shot it I was with a friend with a new Semi Benelli 12ga and I was so spoiled by his gun and disappointed with the Mossberg that I put it away and haven't shot it since.

Dave B

Former Marine Corps Weapons Company Infantryman here who deployed to Iraq 3 times.. I too enjoyed shooting all the various guns in the military. I've fired everything from the 9mm Berreta, medium and heavy machine guns, 81mm mortars, 50 cal SASR sniper rifle, and a bunch of AT4's. It's pretty amazing looking back just how overwhelming our military's weapons systems really are in that every time we encountered enemy we completely and utterly destroyed any enemy that made the mistake to engage us..

WWodyz: Also got to fumble around a little bit with C4, but I mostly used it to heat up my morning coffee (Hehe)

To answer the original question, I do regularly enjoy shooting; usually at burro canyon or at the indoor range in Artesia. Unlike my stockpiling military buddies however, I currently do not own any firearms. Can't really give a reason why I don't, but I have been eye-balling a simple Mossberg 500 for home defense

Znotch those AT4's are amazing!!! I remember those haven't even seen them in awhile tho.

C4 is ok. You can make cool shapes with it to attract people attention make them wanna touch it. Lol

O2many you gotta give her a second try. She might be worthy now. First time I shot a 105mm howitzer after the 155paladin I was like this is gay. but then you find new uses for them that makes them decent.

Back