Any Tek T5 Retro Reviews or Bulb Suggestions?

Aristarchus

I have a 2 bulb T5 Tek Retro kit, and I haven't installed it yet. I was wondering what people thought of the tek retro kits? I could find a lot of reviews about the Tek fixtures but not the retro.

I am going to be adding 2 more retro T5's (total of 4) to my 55g and was wondering what additional bulbs would be a good recommendation?

Current bulbs-
1x54W AquaSun T5 Lamp by UV Lighting
1x54W Super Actinic T5 Lamp by UV Lighting

Thanks

Forgot to mention, I would like to grow mainly softies, leathers, and a small amount of SPS(future possiblity)

They are not terrible... What do you need to know? They are in the top five as far as reflectability, not the best but definetly not the worst. A little wide for my liking but that can be a benefit...

I like them. Should be enough for the 55 gallon. I ran 4x48 with super actinics since it almost resemembled radiums 20K just a little bluer.

Loved mine. Never had a problem out of it. I used the 2 bulb retro to run actinics on my 65 gallon. For you set-up, they will be great.

Thanks, sounds like for my budget they were a wise purchase then.. anyone have a good recommendation for my 2 other bulbs? Appreciate the replies..

Kyle

A rough guideline would be one lamp per every 3" of tank depth so 4 lamps would hold up on that 55 esp since they are alittle wider and have a little extra spread

They work well as retro's. On a 55g you can keep anything you want with a 4x48" kit. The aquasun is a tough bulb to control meaning with 4 bulb retro your going to get a reddish / yellow look unless you go with a 3x blue plus bulb's surounding it.

as for bulbs:
1 x 39W ATI Blue Plus
1 x 39W 12000K ATI Aquablue Special
1 x 39W ATI Pro Color
1 x 39W ATI Blue Plus

Can't beat that combo IMO.

Back