Anybody Considering SWC Products Read This

I have owned a SWC skimmer, and when it worked it was a great skimmer. When I called for support Jason was less than stellar so I sold the skimmer.

Besides my personal opinion of Jason; What he has been convicted of is wrong and frowned upon most people in this hobby. The permits he "forgot" to get cost money, he just did not want to pay for them. Claiming he order one kind of rock and got another as an excuse is like saying the people in Thailand were stupid enough to ship the wrong rock. How insulting to the people of Thailand can he be?

I do not care how great someone's products are, if you do not give the proper support and get caught cheating the system I will never buy your products.

This is the sort of issue that gives Reef Hobbyists a bad rep, and drives up the cost of livestock. I agree boycott SWC, if Canada does not bankrupt SWC we the people should.

Check out some of the responses to this on other reef forums. Apparently the skimmers they sold are nothing more than rebranded reef octopusses that have a modified collection cup with the their logo on it. The guy also assulted one of his customers when that said customer went to the store to ask him why he was overcharged $200 for a light that was sold online by the same place for $200 less online than what that customer paid for it in store.

You can't believe everything you read and there's 2 sides to every story, but the allegations like this are worth looking into if you are in the market for a new skimmer.

Last edited:
Check out some of the responses to this on other reef forums. Apparently the skimmers they sold are nothing more than rebranded reef octopusses that have a modified collection cup with the their logo on it. The guy also assulted one of his customers when that said customer went to the store to ask him why he was overcharged $200 for a light that was sold online by the same place for $200 less online than what that customer paid for it in store.

You can't believe everything you read and there's 2 sides to every story, but the allegations like this are worth looking into if you are in the market for a new skimmer.

The allegations I'm referring to are the ones about the skimmers and the assault.

if Canada does not bankrupt SWC we the people should.

lol, and we the people only include your state or are you speaking for all americans. Really. we the people.

That will be coming in the next few months when the judge drops the :hammer:

Well unfortunately the Canadian Justice system is known world wide for been soft, so wouldn't hold my breath. Oh and I am Canadian I so can comment on it :spin3:

Back