Anyone combined Orphek or3 reef day and blue plus?

Duzzy73

Hi All,

I’m looking to run 2 kessil a360x’s but everything I’ve read is saying I’m gping to need more. I’m liking the look of the Orphek or3 light bars and was wondering if there’s any advantage to running the or3 Blue plus with the or3 Reef day? Has anyone done it? And is it for viewing or the look of the tank? I’m thinking the 2 kessils and 2 each of the or3 Reef day and blue plus? I’ve spent weeks on light research and feel as bloody confused as when I began 😜😂🤣

regards Duzzy

@Duzzy73 in this hobby, you’ll get a million opinions. My advice is always do what you like and can afford. One person can run a tank one way extremely successfully. Another person can set up a tank identical and have no success. I’ve been on both ends of that😉

@Duzzy73 in this hobby, you’ll get a million opinions. My advice is always do what you like and can afford. One person can run a tank one way extremely successfully. Another person can set up a tank identical and have no success. I’ve been on both ends of that😉
Thanks mate, I plan to I was just hoping for a visual to get an idea before lashing out and potentially wasting money.

Hi All,

I’m looking to run 2 kessil a360x’s but everything I’ve read is saying I’m gping to need more. I’m liking the look of the Orphek or3 light bars and was wondering if there’s any advantage to running the or3 Blue plus with the or3 Reef day? Has anyone done it? And is it for viewing or the look of the tank? I’m thinking the 2 kessils and 2 each of the or3 Reef day and blue plus? I’ve spent weeks on light research and feel as bloody confused as when I began 😜😂🤣

regards Duzzy
I don't understand the reef day bar with the odd "colored" ends.

Anyways that aside it depends on what you like.
It isn't easy describing a combo and def not in photos.

You may want to compare these combos with the Orpheks though.
At least it is a bit descriptive.

Your above will be "like"

OG Pop and Reef Crest Daylight​

With out an added violet tint.
And no IR....

Then you have the Kessil "spots" vs the bars as to look and spread.
No wonder adjustable leds are popular.. :)

Anyways tank size and goals helps along with needs (what isn't negotiable) and wants (maybes).
Guesstimate of the 2 Orpheks combined:
orphekblueplusreefday.JPG

Last edited:
Hi All,

regards Duzzy

Well the Kessils can be tuned so you could go with two blue plus bars. I have done this combo before.

What size tank? Two Kessils could be enough depending on tank size and what you keep. I have a 3'x4' tank with 4 Kessils and I can keep anything including a H magnifica.. My tank is 16" deep but the Kessils are also mounted several feet above the water. I bought two more but been debating adding them because even sps are doing pretty well. A little more light would help them some though.

Well the Kessils can be tuned so you could go with two blue plus bars. I have done this combo before.

What size tank? Two Kessils could be enough depending on tank size and what you keep. I have a 3'x4' tank with 4 Kessils and I can keep anything including a H magnifica.. My tank is 16" deep but the Kessils are also mounted several feet above the water. I bought two more but been debating adding them because even sps are doing pretty well. A little more light would help them some though.
Hi will be a 4x2x2 mixed reef with sps

So about 120 gallon.
I ran two Kessils and supplementary lighting over my 120.

So I would add some lighting strips, That is a pretty deep tank.

Back