Anyone else having issues with their euphyllia?

Hey guys, I feel your pain. I'm thinking about anything else I might have some that might have had a positive impact and the only thing that comes to mind is the activated carbon.

I recall adding fresh carbon to the sump days after thing started to die.

Do either of you run carbon in you tanks?.

No carbon. Just a little gfo. My Mg levels were really low and I suspect my iodine and potassium, too. It amazes me how much magnesium sulfate I need to add to the tank.

Well my tank is finally improving. Lost all euphyllia except my torch and basic frogspawn. Ive since decided to try sps corals, seeing how the 2 sps frags i had while all my euphyllia died managed to stay alive i decided to give it a shot. The tank is recovering from cyano and very little gha that showed up out of no where. But ive been changing filter floss daily and doing 2 water changes a week and its almost all back to normal. Going to miss my euphyllia garden i had

At least a few survived.

I just moved everything to my new tank and things were doing great right before that. The corals are still getting used to the new tank and light, but I hope it will soon be back to normal.

I'll share some pics soon.

At least a few survived.

I just moved everything to my new tank and things were doing great right before that. The corals are still getting used to the new tank and light, but I hope it will soon be back to normal.

I'll share some pics soon.
Ya i seen you posed your old tank up for sale. I hope it sells soon, and im glad to hear that your corals are doing well. Its strange and will probably be a mystery why so many of us were loosing the same types of corals at the same time. I hope it doesnt happen again to any of us.

Funny I had the same issue few months back in my 110 before I broke it down to get ready for the 210 I had a frog spawn the size of your 2 fists together. Now I have about 2 heads left, the heads one by one just start falling off

Anyone else having issues with their euphyllia?

Only my torch survived this mysterious ordeal. I think my water and tank is just too clean. SPS thriving like mad, but LPS are just holding on. Not bad, not great. Time to start feeding more.

Yup, UNLS equals poor LPS and Zoas. I backed down from and try to balance so no algae. I hit that sweet spot but it's constantly being kept in check.

Back