Anyone ever ordered off eBay?

Bent

I got nothin'
Man eBay has some nice rock flower nems, but I'm scared.

Anyone ever order from eBay?

When I was building my 180, I ordered some odds and sods off ebay, and was generally surprised at the quality of the coral I got at pretty good prices, including some sps frags. I have not had a lot of success with LPS in my SPS 180, but I currently have two very healthy brain corals that I bought on ebay.

So if the price is right, I say go for it.

Mike

I always browse the corals, but when the shipping is more then the item costs, I cant pull the trigger.
Especially awhen they are in the same state!

What are you scared of, everyone buying and selling on Ebay has ratings and you use Paypal and your purchase is covered.

There is a guy on Ebay don't remember if he's in FL or not but he collects Rock Nems out of the ocean and sells them on there. I read a thread on it here somewhere, but was highly rated

I got the nicest little ricordea mushrooms off ebay once, for like 1/3 the price they charge at lfs around here. Read the sellers reviews first to see if they ship properly & if the colors are accurate, those are my two main worries.

Ben, check out VIP Reef in Miami.

http://www.vipreef.com/rock-anemones/

He has a HUGE assortment that he collects in the Florida Keys. I drove 2.5 hours to Miami so I could pick what I wanted out of a 4' x 18" tank full of crazy colors! I haven't shopped prices since I bought from him about 18 months ago, but I'll bet he's competitive.

Oh, yes, I have bought corals off Ebay and I've had pretty good luck. About as good as I have with Live Aquaria.

There is a place that use to be on EBay (ReefPets) but now has his own site (eBay makes it difficult for sellers of live animals) who has some really nice looking frags.

I bought a 20 piece SPS pack on ebay for about half of what people hock them on RC for. Great guy, he actually sent me a couple bonus frags.

The thing you have to remember about ebay is that ebay doesn't sell anything. There are a lot of different people who sell on ebay and each one is different. Some are cool and some are not.

ebay is kind of like a shopping mall. They don't sell anything themselves, it's just a place full of stores. The individual stores are the people you need to investigate.

So check out the actual sellers you are looking at.

I bought my cross hatch trigger on ebay and a sepetate order, some cornbred frags. Both transactions were awesome and saved a ton of money on there

Those look amazing! There is much less risk involved with corals and inverts (some) being shipped. Isn't this the guy Ron went to? Shipping is actually reasonable unlike most on eBay

Those look amazing! There is much less risk involved with corals and inverts (some) being shipped. Isn't this the guy Ron went to? Shipping is actually reasonable unlike most on eBay

170 bucks delivered for 5 rock flowers seems like a good deal to me. I'll probably pull the trigger on it this week.

Back