Anyone ever use inceptor

Travis1787

So I have been doing endless research.....

I have been having some acans receding and I have alot.... Last week I woke up and over night 1 had totally died over night. Then it stopped for a week I thought maybe I was good... This morning again a random one showing no signs of regression 90% dead over night. I already have tried dipping with tropic Marin it hasnt been long enough to tell if will help ...

By the way all my parameters check out where they should be and light and flow hasn't changed since the acans have been in there and suddenly this started about a month ago maybe 3 weeks.

In my research I found people with the same issues I mean word for word the same things where they in the end used interceptor for dogs and it fixed the issue. Wanted your guys opinion or experience or if I did decide to try it where I could get it cause it's hard to get I hear.

Last edited:
Yea but from what I've read from multiple multiple multiple posts from 2007 till now people have used it for the EXACT Symptoms I'm having and it fixed the issue. I mean EXACT .... The claim being there is other parasites some being impossible to see that the interceptor kills also ... Some called black bugs or gray bugs ...

I have no clue so I'm asking but saw many posts of people with success stories with my issue and no horror stories.

I know you're doubtful, but the main ingredient is exactly the same as Interceptor except you don't need a prescription.

hmmm, Interceptor is used in the treatment of Red bugs on Acropora.

Use this. Same main ingredient as Interceptor. I've dosed my whole system with it. It will kill invertebrates. The bottle warns of not dosing into the main display, but you can.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=29697

That stuff is way more expensive then interceptor. It does have active ingredient but never used it personally.

Yea but from what I've read from multiple multiple multiple posts from 2007 till now people have used it for the EXACT Symptoms I'm having and it fixed the issue. I mean EXACT .... The claim being there is other parasites some being impossible to see that the interceptor kills also ... Some called black bugs or gray bugs ...

I have no clue so I'm asking but saw many posts of people with success stories with my issue and no horror stories.

Have used intersect or many times I have used it in multiple main displays and I use it in every QT round twice. I don't know anything about what u r claiming on the other bugs? I didn't think anything killed the black bugs but it works on red bugs for sure.

Roger

Thanks guys ... Any input helps I just am seeing random receding in some of my acans ... No idea why

Some slowly and other almost gone completely over night.... Really confused

I have no proof it's a bug just a thought .... Could be bacteria I just don't get it ... Most are fine and in have alot but 2 were fine and then dead the next day so I feel like I could wake up to a dead colony any morning

Last edited:
Yea I hear pole use that too either way hard part is getting it for a fish tank. Most vets don't carry interceptor but do carry sentinel but either way it's hard to get since you need a prescription for it even if you buy it online.

Seems you can buy it online outside the US without a prescription though

Yea I hear pole use that too either way hard part is getting it for a fish tank. Most vets don't carry interceptor but do carry sentinel but either way it's hard to get since you need a prescription for it even if you buy it online.

Seems you can buy it online outside the US without a prescription though

Yes check out sites from aus. That's where I got it from a couple years ago. Let me check when I get home. I bought extra so I might have enough for a dose for you. The only issue with ordering online is it takes a couple weeks to come in.

Back