anyone know somewhere local to get....

skirrby

1/4 inch acrylic. and weld on? im going to be setting my tank back up soon and i want to redo the sump. wheres a good place to get the stuff to do it.

long storys about where ive been.. lol not really. just have been very busy latley. and lost my whole reef tank, and moved, and am about to start it up all over again.. i didnt move far.. in fact just down the road from you if your still in your apartment

crashed,, no.. roomate didnt pay the power bill for 4 months, and waited till it was 880 bucks before telling anyone.. and we didnt have the funds to pay it,, and the power went out for 2 weeks.. and our apartments wouldnt allow a generator.. so i sold off most of my corals and lost the rest.. i still have all my rock at least

When I looked into buying acrylic locally a few months back I found it would be about the same price to just get acrylic tanks from glasscages.com if they are going to be in the area soon at a reptile show (saves on shipping). You'd still have to do baffles though. I found inexpensive acrylic in smaller sizes (approx 1'x2'x3/16 or so) at Skycraft Surplus in Winter Park.

Call different plastic companies in town and see what they have. It's much better to use cell cast acrylics versus extruded although cast is more expensive it is better for a water application. Tell them you are looking for a deal and they sometimes have singled out sheets that they will make you a good deal on. I got my last sheet from Laird Plastics and found a pretty good deal. GE Polymer has an office here too and they are worth checking out. They all have Weldon - don't forget to get an applicator

Back