Anyone selling their S. gigantea?

D-Nak

Hello all. I'm back in Sacramento leaving tomorrow and was wondering if anyone was selling their S. gigantea. I'm going to visit a few stores while I'm here, but prefer to buy an established one.

Cool. Thanks for letting me know. I'll try to head over there as well as Aquarium Depot.

Did they have any green gigantea?

If you go to the store you wont see any. You will need to call ahead. They are all going through an extensive QT process to insure the highest rate of survival. So many over the past few years would die right after they made it home to someones tank. Your Reef is QT'ing the NEMS off site for about a month before bringing them into the store and putting them up for sale.

If you go to the store you wont see any. You will need to call ahead. They are all going through an extensive QT process to insure the highest rate of survival. So many over the past few years would die right after they made it home to someones tank. Your Reef is QT'ing the NEMS off site for about a month before bringing them into the store and putting them up for sale.

Thanks -- I've been in touch with the person who is QTing them. They don't have exactly what I'm looking for at this time. However, if anyone else is looking for a gigantea, I suggest talking to Your Reef. Sounds like they are doing it the right way and offering the customer a gig with a much higher chance of survival.

My collection has changed a bit from what I had previously. While my old gig was about 18" when I sold it, my current gigs are a lot smaller. I started a 30 gallon flat dedicated to small Stichodactyla (tied into a 150 system):

9B907BBC-0751-46E7-AE80-5D7FA6A2C1CA_zpsri9zgtm2.jpg

L-R: Bleached 3", Army green 4" haddoni, purple 5", and blue 4"

At this point, I'm looking for established gigs for my main DT, or small gigs that I can acclimate and bring back to health (the 3" bleached one is my latest challenge). First on my list is a solid bright green one. A friend of mine told me that he saw one at JoJo Aquarium a couple of weeks ago.

Back