Apex Fusion not connecting to internet

griss

RC Mod
Staff member
RC Mod
Had it plugged into a WiFi booster and at 7:20 this AM it lost connection.

I’ve unplugged and replugged the Apex + EB8’s multiple time, rebooted the router and finally plugged the Apex in direct with a LAN cable (also, rebooted router again) and nothing.

Any suggestions? @kharmaguru you’ve helped me a lot in the past with the Apex.

Attachments

• IMG_6576.png
    IMG_6576.png
    162.7 KB · Views: 7
Does everything show it has power?
Everything is working, just not connected to Fusion. Everything I’ve searched says reboot network, reboot router, reboot Apex. I’ve done all those multiple times and nothing has worked????

Last edited:
Have you added any new devices to your network? I'm wondering if you have an IP conflict.

Sorry George, Ive been away for work. Did you solve this?
No worries my friend.

No, I didn’t. I read something on the Neptune forums about setting a static IP but, I don’t have the computer savvy to understand what was being said or how to do it.

I used the Apex display to obtain the IP address of my Apex. Format is xxx.xxx.x.200.

Opened a Safari browser on my phone and put the IP address into the address bar.

Got the login page, entered my credentials, and Apex Classic displays and I can turn components on, off, etc.

So, does that meant the router, IP conflict, and general internet are NOT an issue? If that’s the case, why can’t i connect using Fusion?

Well , again long into the classic dashboard and make sure fusion and fusion control are enabled on the configuration/network setup menu. I can't see how they would change but check anyway. I'm also seeing a suggestion on the neptune forums to disable DHCP and change the IP address to something else manually (just change the last 3 digits). Of course it needs to be something nothing else is using but you could wing it and change your .200 to .234 or .254 or something and see what happens. Don't forget to click "update network settings" if you try that.

mine.png

Last edited:
Thanks Sean, I’ve read all that. The problem is, I don’t understand it. I have no idea how to turn DHCP on/off or change an IP Address.

Okay, Fusion and Fusion control both enabled.

DHCP is enabled, should I disable?

Okay, Fusion and Fusion control both enabled.

DHCP is enabled, should I disable?
Yes, if you disable DHCP it allows you to manually change your IP. You can wing it and put in any value from .200 to.254 but ideally you would log into your router and make sure you choose an address that nothing else on your network has for certain.

You could also just disable DHCP and not change anything and see what happens too since the neptune threads were suggesting the APex's DHCP was the actual problem.

Yes, if you disable DHCP it allows you to manually change your IP. You can wing it and put in any value from .200 to.254 but ideally you would log into your router and make sure you choose an address that nothing else on your network has for certain.
You could also just disable DHCP and not change anything and see what happens too since the neptune threads were suggesting the APex's DHCP was the actual problem.
This scares me🤣😂

While I am project manager, I’ve always relied on my awesome teams for the technical stuff.

Disabled DHCP and didn’t make a difference.

I’ve really tried reading the Apex forums on this but I just don’t understand what they are saying.

Last edited:
Sean, so do I change the IP in classic, then restart my router and apex or do I need to do something different.

Last edited:
I think I’m either on to something or more confused than ever🤣

Attached screenshot is from Fusion’s troubleshooting page. I copied the gateway address from Apex Classic, pasted onto a the Safari address page, and it doesn’t connect.

Does this mean I have the wrong gateway setup in the Apex? If so, how do I figure out which is the correct one?

Sorry for all the dumb questions, I just don’t understand network stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_6627.png
    IMG_6627.png
    158.1 KB · Views: 4
Back