Apisto's Shallow Deep-waters

I can't deny that, I'm lucky to have any of them at this point with the couple issues I've had. Tested alk the other day and my doser straw had slid up above the filled level so no alk for a full day at least. Tested at 4.8 [emoji16]

I can't deny that, I'm lucky to have any of them at this point with the couple issues I've had. Tested alk the other day and my doser straw had slid up above the filled level so no alk for a full day at least. Tested at 4.8 [emoji16]

Bring it back up slowly. I have found that acros can handle an alk swing, as long as it isn't too big or too fast. But they don't do well with the secondary trauma of a quick swing back.

Bring it back up slowly. I have found that acros can handle an alk swing, as long as it isn't too big or too fast. But they don't do well with the secondary trauma of a quick swing back.
I think your right, I think acros are tougher then I've always thought, I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary right now, calcium still being used at the same rate and pe is good. I'm adding a half tsp in the morning for a bump while still dosing the normal amounts.

:thumbsup:

I think your right, I think acros are tougher then I've always thought, I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary right now, calcium still being used at the same rate and pe is good. I'm adding a half tsp in the morning for a bump while still dosing the normal amounts.

Dwayne! I have 6 pretty good-sized fish in my little tank and I feed them about 5 to 7 times most days. Heavy nutrient additions and heavy nutrient export.

Hi, which fish do you have in the tank? Ie are they tangs? Trying to get an idea of your bio load.

Also, what foods do you feed?

Thanks. :)

Wow Neil very nice Acans !!!
I have few more for you :beer:

Thanks, Hugo. These acans are definitely not my strong suit!:uhoh3: I already have them in a sensory deprivation chamber:rolleye1: in my tank and I still can't seem to make them happy. But I do like the idea of snagging your hillae sometime down the line.

Hi, which fish do you have in the tank? Ie are they tangs? Trying to get an idea of your bio load.

Also, what foods do you feed?

Thanks. :)

I just lost a big 6 year old Melanarus, but my tank still has a pretty heavy biolode for a 40g. They are 2 XL blue chromis, 2 XL Banggai, XL Magnificent Foxface, L Copperband, and L Anthias. I usually feed a cube of frozen (spirulina or Omega) brine shrimp 4 to 7 times daily, but add PE Mysis and pellets occasionally.

Snapped a couple of close-ups of a few of my newer frags that seem to be growing well.

OG Unique Corals SSC

Joe's/Tyree Mango Garden

A Reef Creation Fireworks

SC/RR Asia Orange Passion

And a couple more progression shots-

Got this one several years ago and has had its ups-and-downs. Not sure of the ID, but I believe it's either RR Poison Ivy or RC Poison Envy.

And finally, it is popping a branch or 2. Very yellow tips against that pink body, which I didn't capture very well.

Here is the Apisto's Reaver's Armada, which is one of my favorite corals.

Awesome stuff Neil! I wish I had a better camera to snap some macros in my tank...

Great to meet you this past weekend and thanks again for the frags! They're doing great.

How about an updated FTS???

Reavers....is it named for Firefly?

You bet. I kind of like to name corals after movies with tongue-in-cheek . I am kind of a film buff. The whole name thing is so crazy these days that I figure I might as well have some fun. I have named several corals after Kurt Russell films and roles...Snake Plissken, Dark Blue and Backdraft Favia:artist:

Awesome stuff Neil! I wish I had a better camera to snap some macros in my tank...

Great to meet you this past weekend and thanks again for the frags! They're doing great.

How about an updated FTS???

Hey Garrett! Nice meeting you, as well and you are welcome.

Here is a shot as of a couple of weeks ago.

You bet. I kind of like to name corals after movies with tongue-in-cheek . I am kind of a film buff. The whole name thing is so crazy these days that I figure I might as well have some fun. I have named several corals after Kurt Russell films and roles...Snake Plissken, Dark Blue and Backdraft Favia:artist:

That's awesome! I've been entertaining the girls at work with all the ridiculous Zoa names out there, but that just takes it to another level!

Love the FTS too. I need some photo lessons from you! Are you doing the tank tour?

I just lost a big 6 year old Melanarus, but my tank still has a pretty heavy biolode for a 40g. They are 2 XL blue chromis, 2 XL Banggai, XL Magnificent Foxface, L Copperband, and L Anthias.

You have a large foxface in a 40g? Does that seem to create any problems? How long has it been in there??

Back