Apisto's Shallow Deep-waters

That's awesome! I've been entertaining the girls at work with all the ridiculous Zoa names out there, but that just takes it to another level!
Love the FTS too. I need some photo lessons from you! Are you doing the tank tour?

I try to have a little fun with it. This is a hobby after all. On a functional note, it helps to categorize the huge amount of species and color-morphs out there. But it does get irritating when there are numerous vendors putting their name in front of the same species name. For example, there are about 4 Wolverine acros out there, etc.

My tank will be among several shown, but I am not sure yet if I will be able to make it to the viewing.

Nice FTS Neil, it's growing in nicely

Thanks Jeff. It must be growing in, because it is getting harder and harder to do anything in the tank:jester:

You have a large foxface in a 40g? Does that seem to create any problems? How long has it been in there??

Yes, It probably isn't an XL, because it is only 5" or so. But he is bigger than most you'll see. I got him about 4 years ago when he was 2.5". All of the fish that I currently have are long-term residents of my tank. I feed many times a day and never see any aggression. Everybody gets along with each other very well and seem pretty happy with the exception of not getting more room to swim.

Wow, you are doing sweet justice to those high end corals by having them looking so good in your tank. Awesome work Neil. :thumbsup:

Here's a few new pics. I wonder if anyone can guess what the first coral is. The second is a little easier.

Nope, not Pacman nor Red Dragon. It has yellow corallite tips and polyps. Well, yellow or maybe gold:lolspin:

Beautiful, Neil! Is that a flaming bugatti chalice?

Thanks. That is CB Rainbow Crush.

CB Fire Dragon?... There's so many dragon types out there now lol.

No, not fire Dragon. I tried to give a clue when I said "yellow or maybe gold".
It is Joe's Golden Dragon. I got it from Alicia, who got it from Joe. To the best of my knowledge, both have lost it and there are very few others that have it. For some reason, it seems to be much more sensitive than most other dragon-types.

CB Rainbow Crush Chalice is awesome. Great pictures as always Neil. Try to make it to the swap this year it would be great to see you there. Also what is the second to last one?

Apologies if its already been asked, but what camera and lens are you using??? Those photos look great! :beer:

CB Rainbow Crush Chalice is awesome. Great pictures as always Neil. Try to make it to the swap this year it would be great to see you there. Also what is the second to last one?

Thanks Chris. I think the Rainbow Crush is one of the nicer Rainbow Chalices. I actually have another that I think could be nicer though, once it grows out a bit. I'll take a few shots of that one sometime soon.

I am in the middle of a very busy time at the course. The Yolo Open is this weekend and has require a lot of work to prepare for. And then aeration next week. So, I can't even think about anything after that yet. But, I will try to make it to the frag swap or maybe donate some frags for (the already awesome) raffle. You guys are killing it!:eek2:

The acro that you are asking about is Vivid's Rainbow Delight. It is really starting to show some nice color lately, even though it is not that mature yet.

Apologies if its already been asked, but what camera and lens are you using??? Those photos look great! :beer:

Hey sahin, I am using a Nikon 5100 and recently a Nikon 105 macro.

I have been following your thread too, even though I have posted lately. Loved your posts about the Kore 5th doser. I have one that has been sitting in the box for 9 months. I was going to try zeo and use it for dosing. That thing is unreal for dosing one drop at a time, as well as water changes, etc. Unfortunately, I am so busy, I gave up on the idea, so I might just sell it. It is nice though...arguably the nicest doser on the market.

Anyway, nice to have you stop by occasionally.

Back