April 2012 Tank of the Month!

I am so glad that you won this award. I was surfing youtube and I found your videos. I was amazed just viewing your videos, It looked liked an incredible computer animation. The colors was so vibrant.

I said to myself I hope this tank wins TOTM so I can find out how he keeps this tank, especially the lighting. Then the next time I visited RC I saw that you had won. I was so happy to see that you put detailed lighting specs and graphs. That is so helpful to us newbie's in the hobby.

Congratulations, an award deserved.

P.S. What lights were on when you filmed this video on youtube? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r1ZqEgNNUc&list=FLXsbqTJ55N-fHtV0voPPUJQ&feature=mh_lolz

Thanks for your kind words Pete.
Its amazing that you are checking out the build of each poster on your thread before replying to them!!!
thanks Maroun - I feel it's the least I can do

:thumbsup: Beautiful tank.

The fact that you managed to fit all that equipment into the stand is really impressive. You obviously spent some time planning that out. I like the multiple reactors all plumbed into a common header.

Reef on!
Thanks SMAC - I'm a big fan of manifolding the low flow needs to the retur or a single pump. Benefits include: less heat, less opportunity for stray electrical, and less expensive to install and run. :)

thats a stunning tank
thank you very much

Awesome tank Congrats
thanks and late welcome to RC

Beautiful tank!
thanks and welcome to RC :wave:

SWEEEEET:rollface:
thanks and a late welcome to RC

awesome tank. Very inspirng to us beginners!
thanks Mike

Awesome tank of the month!! Congrats. Any info on your regiment and equipment?
thanks

equipment
"¢ Display tank: 110 US gallon (48" x 18" x 30")
"¢ Sump: 28" x 18" x 15.5"; 3 chambers with DSB
"¢ Skimmer: Avast CS1 kit, modified to fit in 8.5"
"¢ Lighting: 42x 3W Cree Royal Blue LEDs, 18x 3W Cree Cool White LEDs and T5s
"¢ Bulbs: 2x UV Actinic White (12k), Giesemann Aquablue Plus, Korallen-Zucht Fiji Purple
"¢ Controller: APEX base unit, 2x EB8s & I/O
"¢ Return Pump: Mag 12
"¢ Circulation: 2x MJ 900s with propellar modifications and Tunze Nano Wavebox
"¢ Calcium Reactor: Geo 4x18 calcium reactor
"¢ Other Reactors: 3x TLF 150s, TLF Kalk, Avast Ozone, Avast MR5

routine:
daily: feed, clean glass, general inspection
weekly: 5-10% water change, test some parameters, scrape glass as needed, add kalc to reactor maybe some cleaning
monthly (or longer): clean skimmer, change GFO

Beautiful system you have there. I have only one question, How do you prevent you Hymenocera elegans (Harlequin Shrimp pair) from eating you starfish population?
thank you very much
I only add stars to feed them, so no prevention intended. They eradicated all the asterina so I feed a chocolate chip about once a week or a blue linka once a month

Congrats on the TOTM. Your system is awesome.
thank you very much aquaspace :)

I just want to chime in here and say congrats, it was your tank that made me invest into a reef of my own. I am working my first build because I was so inspired by your incredible youtube videos. I went from knowing very little about reef tanks to reading about them every single day...I still often look at your videos.

I still love this one, I could watch it on repeat for hours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r1ZqEgNNUc&feature=my_favorites&list=FLzP8yK9SIz4mqllu4skslFg

Back