April 2nd- Mark your calendar for a fun event at TBRC Sponsor, Drysdale Aquarium

Mrs Postal

TBRC Sponsor, Drysdale Aquarium, is having a party to celebrate the recent renovation & expansion!! See below from their FB event post:

We're celebrating 20 years of Drysdale Aquarium and our recent renovation/expansion. Join us for special sales, a raffle, and a BBQ! We'll be adding details as the big day approaches.

https://www.facebook.com/events/987511101298782/

Congratulations. 20 years? Seriously? I just heard about you guys the last couple years. Were you somewhere else previously?
Totally not a challenge I am just wondering how I never heard of you guys sooner.

Congratulations. 20 years? Seriously? I just heard about you guys the last couple years. Were you somewhere else previously?
Totally not a challenge I am just wondering how I never heard of you guys sooner.

I'm pretty sure that the 20 years is since the start of Doug's maintenance service. The retail side was added later, and he has only been in his curremt location around 3-4 years I think.

I know he was wrangling cichlids at Marine Warehouse a LONG time ago when I was still doing freshwater.

I took on my first service account in the 1996. Although I have primarily been a private maintenance provider, I've been growing and selling coral locally to hobbyists since 2008. The farm/retail store has been open since 2013 and was expanded and 100% remodeled over the holidays this year.

Back in the 90's, I was cichlid manager/junky at Lutz's Coral Corral and MWA. Once I discovered corals, fish tanks vs reef tanks was no contest.

More details will be coming but we'll get the grill out and have some big specials on our farmed corals. Follow the FB link Mrs P provided above as I'm not sure how much I can get in to specifics on RC.

(on a side note to the mods - please edit/PM if there is any UA violation in this post. I'm told I am allowed to respond and provide details as a club sponsor.)

We are excited for this event. Hope you have the "aquarium store legos" out for the boys to play with!

Indeed, we will have our bucket of bits - and the ever popular Nemo library available. Keep your fingers crossed for the weather. The show will go on - rain or shine. If it's wet, we may see who has spare "easy ups" for the cookout. I know we only have one... Keep an eye out for some great clearance specials on some of our best growers and most popular corals.

Shoot I was going, and just now my sister says she's flying in from NH Friday and Saturday wants to golf :(

Was hopping to see the upgrade and score some nice corals.

Maybe if timing is right I can sneak over for a few min. Is there a time line of events?

Start ,finish, raffle,food? Times?

Some of the items on sale - up to 50% off and more in the works:

OG long lash Eagle Eyes
Twizzlers
Devils Armor
Buttmunchers
Purple Rhinos
Frogspawn
Collector shrooms
Green Digi
Monti Cap

We are open our normal 10-4 and will start grilling around noon, weather permitting. The raffle will be drawn at 4 for several corals - no need to be present as long as we have a way to contact winners. We should have extra cooler space for anyone who would like to bring their beverage of choice. I believe the club is providing soda and water.

Parking is available at the neighboring office complex and the two empty lots on Knight Rd. I will get them mowed ;)

Rain is clearing out and the puddles are drying. Michelle has the grill going and it looks like we should have a grogeous afternoon!

The weather turned out to be fine! The new setup in the shop is great! Much easier to see everything now. Thanks for the great deals!

We had a great time! The rain stopped which really made a huge difference for those of us who were outside grilling!

+1 on the great time, as always! Always amazed at the varied coral selection he brings. Big thanks to you too, Mrs Postal, for manning the grill!!

Back