April meeting thread - ARKSC 2016 Annual Meeting

thefuz

Come join us for our 2016 Annual Meeting! All members and non-members welcome. All you need is a reef tank, or a desire to start one.

When: Saturday, April 30, 2015, 1:00-4:00 PM
Where: Mike's house
Address: 33 Alvin Drive, Norwalk, CT

Events to include:
Officer Elections: This is usually quick, but needs to be done every year. If you are a member that's interested in serving as a director or officer (President, Vice President or Treasurer) this is your chance!
Lunch: Plenty of pizza and liquid refreshments.

Looking forward to seeing catching up with you all and (FINALLY!) showing off my new reef. Please RSVP here by April 23rd so we can get an accurate count for food & drink. If anyone's up for making an app or dessert, that's great also!

Sounds like fun, elections and all!

Doubt I'll be able to make a Saturday, as I usually work . . . but if I'm not scheduled by some miracle, I'll be there! (And if I am, as I expect to be, then I'll be there in spirit. Someone please enjoy my share of pizza!)

~Bruce

Wait Mike!

crystals_560503.jpg

Now try!

Guys, does anyone have any rock rubble that they could bring me? Bits of dead corals are ok too. I have a very industrious tiger pistol shrimp who could use something to do.

I plan on attending. However, I do have surgery on my arm the day before in the morning. So depending how I feel, I'll give a final yay or nay on Friday night.

I actually got some rubble at the CR the other day. They just gave it to me. It was really nice! So I'm all good. My shrimp has been using it a ton to build build build. It's neat.

Here is the BOD nominations for 2016/17

Pres - Joe
VP - Mason
Treasurer - RJ
Director - Mike
Director - Chris
Director - Skip

Also, I just found out that I am needed in Glastonbury this weekend for a soccer tourney, so I will not be able to make the meeting :(

Have fun guys! Mike if you can take over the proceedings please, that would be great.

Thanks, Joe. Sorry you'll miss the fun! Good luck at the tourney!!

So far we have Masedaddy, SpikeDangles, sniper2be, peter15, dudemeister, peter_fumo, Maritimer, EvilMel, LQT (maybe - good luck with surgery!), and me.

That's (10) for pizza. Anyone else? Any special requests? I'll be ordering from Riko's Pizza.

Please RSVP by end of day Thursday!!

... and, I'm ecstatic to report that the salty water finally flows through the pipes on the "new" tank. Huge thanks to sniper2be for helping me with the final setup. Working on transferring critters over the next few days. Slow going to make sure parameters stay balanced!!

Back