Aqua Vim Tanks Stay AWAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcsquared

I recently purchased a 180 gallon Aqua Vim Bow Front tank and the overflow is leaking which would cause the water to continue to drain into the sump and overflow. After they attempted to repair it and failed the owner of Aqua vim is not willing to do anything and is very rude. Stay far away from Aqua Vim Tanks. They look nice but very poor quality.

I'm sorry to hear that. It's always a bit of a risk buying from a Chinese company.

This is a why I like to spend a little bit more and buy something from an American company versus a Chinese one.

EDIT: I didn't mean to sound harsh just stating my opinion.

Not harsh at all the reason I went with them is it is a seamless bowfront very nice looking tank but lacks quality will definetley not venture out of US made again.

I have a Aqua vim 180 corner tank, have the same issue for6 years. I am planning on gluing the stand pipe into the male adapter in the bulkhead at the bottom of the overflow to prevent it from over flowing the sump. it sucks!!

Beautiful tank. But same issue on my 180 seamless bow. Left side never stops dripping. My second water fill test and still a problem. Thought it was the bulkhead so went out and bought new. Still same issue. Constant drip into sump. Not noticeable when tank is,running but if you shut down or lose power your tank will be on the floor in about a week..
Lose about 1.5" a day
To hear they won't do anything is disappointing seeing they are quite pricey for everything they sell.
I bought my on the second hand market.

At the risk of asking an obvious question: did you take it up with your LFS? Used anything is always a risk, and no way to know how an item has been treated, but a new tank has no such history.

Great advice from joefish aquatics in Fort myers. Told me to raise standpipe just under overflow and will by pass the problem with the tank emptying into sump.
Water will only drain down about 3/4" inch now. The standpipe was 5" deep into the overflow. Way to deep.

Perhaps not worth the reviving? Just think we should give some Chinese companies credit and not clump all of them into a bad junk category, like in this case AquaVim tanks are actually very well made. Wanted to give a positive conclusion to this thread that's titled to stay away. They are very nice tanks, and lots of Chinese aquarium products have been an amazing value for many of us. Hope the tank is still going strong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back