AquaNotes 3.10 install fails with Path/File access error

pclausen

Machine is running XP Pro and the run command that I use is:

z:\setup\setup.exe

z: is a mapped network CD ROM since the local machine doesn't have a CD ROM drive.

Also, I'm remote desktopping into the target machine from the machine on which I'm sharing a CD ROM drive.

Everything appears to install fine until I get to like 99% done, and then I get the error.:

Unexpected Error Path/File access error

Regardless of what I press next, I get the message that AquaNotes installed sucessfully.

However, when I launch the program, I get a runtime error 429 (Active X component can't create object) within a minute or so, and the program exits.

I don't really want to go through the trouble of pulling the server from the rack and temporarily install a CD ROM drive locally. Is there any other way to get around this error?

(btw, other programs install just fine using the above method)

When I have received that error, I just reinstall overtop of the installed version. On the next pass it has gone through and I haven't received any error messages.

Thanks NB, I'll give that a shot. I uninstalled and tried re-installing and ended up getting the same error.

We support AquaNotes through email support@neptunesys.com or the phone (408) 578-3022. Please include in your email, the 12 digit authorization code for your copy of AquaNotes, windows version, and the version of AquaNotes.

Curt

Thanks Curt. Just submitted an email (with the 12 digit code).

I didn't "find" this software on the net somewhere in case that is a concern. I picked it up from Marine Depot.

I didn't mean to imply that you have a bootleg copy of the software. I received your email and you do indeed have a legit copy of AquaNotes.
Unfortunately, I estimate about half of the copies of AquaNotes being used are from piracy. If these people choose to steal the software, then I will not waste my time supporting them.

Curt

Back