Ecotech quiet drive disappointing - product and service

Jeeze guys - I just ordered 4 Vortech Mp40QD's and was about to put my Tunzes up for sale. Yall really got my hesitant to do that right now.

Jeeze guys - I just ordered 4 Vortech Mp40QD's and was about to put my Tunzes up for sale. Yall really got my hesitant to do that right now.

Well, for every complaint regarding the MP40QD, there are hundreds of satisfied owners of this pump, me being one of them. I have had mine (2) running since they first became available without a single problem. I can't say much for the customer service though. Ecotech Marine used to own the best customer service in the hobby. IMO, this is no longer true. Just my 2 cents.

My experiences with the vortechs have been universally good. Only time I had an issue was in buying one used that had clearly been abused by the prior owner. I don't buy them used anymore. Certainly one can get a bad unit, but I always assume user error first.

Ecotech Marine used to own the best customer service in the hobby. IMO, this is no longer true. Just my 2 cents.

When they started up they definitely would go the extra mile for their customers. I know they did for me. I still see them doing the same. Personally I haven't needed to use their customer service in many years but when I did it was 2nd to none.

Recently I have seen a handful of folks making a stink thinking they were wronged over stuff no manufacturer would touch. Could it be that many people are buying used equipment and expecting ecotech to warranty equipment that is 4+ years old with transfer of ownership? Obviously this isn't always the case and there will always be issues and people that fall through the cracks.

The reality is Ecotech sells a ton of product world wide with a ton of happy customers. The sheer numbers of end users is going to increase the number of issues we see on a public forum but the percentages of people who have an issue are likely far less than in the beginning.

When they started up they definitely would go the extra mile for their customers. I know they did for me. I still see them doing the same. Personally I haven't needed to use their customer service in many years but when I did it was 2nd to none.

Recently I have seen a handful of folks making a stink thinking they were wronged over stuff no manufacturer would touch. Could it be that many people are buying used equipment and expecting ecotech to warranty equipment that is 4+ years old with transfer of ownership? Obviously this isn't always the case and there will always be issues and people that fall through the cracks.

The reality is Ecotech sells a ton of product world wide with a ton of happy customers. The sheer numbers of end users is going to increase the number of issues we see on a public forum but the percentages of people who have an issue are likely far less than in the beginning.

Well, I stand by what I said. A few years ago I also considered Ecotech to be "second to none" in customer service, however, based on my own recent experiences I just don't think that is the case these days. Also, I don't fall into any of the categories you mention above. I only buy new and have not expected anything from a manufacturer after the warranty has expired.

I wasn't being specific to you, just in general. But like I said all of my ecotech stuff has been running for many years without an issue so I haven't needed any cs.

Back