Aquascape

Apartmenttank

I cant quite get my Aquascape right for my tank. It is a 60 cube and i have tried a few things.

Maybe i don't have enough negative space(sand) What do you all think? any ideas. I want to get my aquascape down before i start placing the corals.

Cube can be difficult to aquascape and still leave enough room to clean the glass. I would try to build a few arches along the back to get more vertical height and open up a little more negative space in the front.

Been having a lot of trouble balancing Rock to stack it, maybe i do not have a good type of rock. I have seen a lot of good cubes but i feel like my rocks cant make similar builds.

True, part of me knows i am going to upgrade(2 years) and am worried about having my live rock all stuck together for a new system. But i need to enjoy it now as well.

Just an idea -- I have a very tall tank (30"), and I knew I'd have a hard time stacking rockwork without ending up with a giant pile or wall. I decided to buy some fiberglass rods (driveway markers) at Home Depot and drill a bunch of my rocks so I could stack them in columns. I used a hacksaw to trim the rods to size. Any rocks with natural holes could be stacked too; it was just a matter of playing with the rocks, seeing which ones went best with which, to fit together a few columns. I tried to put larger rocks on the bottom, and alternate so each rock stuck out in a different direction as the column progressed (this leaves lots of space for corals and fish). I ended up with three columns of different heights/widths, but in a cube you'd probably just want to have one central column, and then you can place rocks around/beside it.

None of my rocks are permanently epoxied together -- some have little bits of epoxy strategically placed where I've bridged rocks between the columns, just to ensure that if something is bumped things won't shift, but they would come easily apart if needed. The columns can be dismantled by lifting the rocks off of the central post; they can also be slightly rearranged any time -- all I need to do is lift the rock above, and I can rotate one part of the column, then let the top back down. All the rocks are free to spin around the post, but gravity keeps them in place. Everything is very secure, until we want to move things around and then it's actually quite easy to change.

Don't think you'd have issues. I'd drill it and then rinse them in some salt water before going back into the DT

I am thinking of going with a channel between too rock sections. one Extremly high and one mid sized. Only issue is i do not know where i would put my corals i prefer to keep on the sand bed. Like my Palythoas i do not want to spread all over everything. or my acan that has been doing very well on the sand bed away from the light.

Also What fish is that in your profile MJV0103?

Yes, cubes are a pain. You could try to stack them carefully. I went through many attempts and so far this is what worked best. It's a 93G cube.

Image-10125422-249460888-2-WebLarge_0_7e03014f88b4f8c855ffc7c7fb152641_1

Image-10125422-249460891-2-WebLarge_0_aee8e27b5ff2818d7aaf5184dcabaa71_1

Image-10125422-249460894-2-WebLarge_0_df182318cc14000456fb11a6d575a917_1

I tried a U shape like that. But it just didnt quite workout. I am sure it will look better when i add the corals and let them grow, but i want a set up that looks good to. I think my biggest issue is everything is against the wall.

I'd take out the bottom left rock, if you can move the coral. I think you just need a little more sand, more live rock wouldn't do you much good.

Back