Aquascaping, Show your Skills...

I am setting up a new tank (not my first) and am confused by these photos. It seems to me that the vast majority of these aquascapes, while creative and aesthetically pleasing, are sparse. What happened to the 2lbs of liverock per gallon guideline? These seem to be FOLR set ups, rather than full blown reef tanks. Is that it? Or is the 2lbs per gallon a live rock seller guideline, rather than what is actually needed. Frankly, I like the more dense look that the 1.5 to 2.0lbs provide. Thoughts?

Most of these setups rely on live rock in the sump to mantain a minimalistic or pleasing look in the main display tank.

My Nuvo 40.
72b4e16b4651f8ac760e989e74398a50.jpg

Put a filter on it to make it less blue.

Gonna try and make more space on the right side with reefbones or something.
0339a56548f897e0b65f7f4e7f460da9.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

so many remarkable setups. the open minimal aquascape is very beautiful. creates a natural overall feel. i think every setup is unique in it's own way. thanks for sharing. a lot of inspirational tanks.

I agree. I have become a big fan of the open minimal aquascape as well. I just finished scaping my Softie tank using all of these ideas and pics.

MY 120 Mixed Reef tank

MY 120 Mixed Reef tank

Here is a shot of my Aquascape! It's packed with Tonga Branch and Fiji Premium live rock.

TANK INFO:
120 MIXED REEF

These aquascapes are all amazing!! It takes talent and patience to put these tanks together and it takes patience to be as creative as you want to be. Great work everyone! :)

Can you rest live rock on the back glass for support? What's the best way to ensure support?

Not a good idea. Better idea is to make a structure out of pvc, acrylic or fiberglass rods with rods or pipes going up thru the pieces. Space behind the rock will help with flow to prevent detritus build up.

Not a good idea. Better idea is to make a structure out of pvc, acrylic or fiberglass rods with rods or pipes going up thru the pieces. Space behind the rock will help with flow to prevent detritus build up.

I agree with having space behind the rock. I've noticed a huge difference with detritus buildup since rebuilding the scape. I did use a 2" PVC as a spacer with one particular rock.

Back