Are Jeboa power heads worth it

jdeanda69

I'm looking to add flow to my 120gal (4x2x2 tank ) and just wondering if jeboa power heads are worth buying?? I only want to hear from people that actually have them and or run them.

Thanks

They are good pump. Using one for more than a year now. No problem at all. Good luck with your tank and Happy reefing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have Ecotech MP40s, Gyres (XF350 and older XF200 series), and Jebao WP series pumps.

The Ecotechs are by far the most reliable and require the least amount of cleaning to perform as expected. They're also the most expensive.

Gyres provide great flow but need to be cleaned a lot more than I'd like (clean pumps perform A LOT better than dirty ones). An overnight soak in vinegar and quick scrub bring them back to life.

Jebaos are cheap but not as reliable as the other two. I use them on QT tanks and in instances where I can keep an eye on them. Sometimes they randomly stop and I need to open them up to get them going again. Others have died (3 out of 5). However, you can buy 2-3 for the price of 1 Ecotech MP series pump so the price can't be beat.

The bottom line for me is that they're great for the cost, you just need to watch them a little more carefully.

I have a pair of RW-8 in my 180 gallon tank, running as master/slave and I have had zero issues in over 2 years.

I take them out and clean them every other month if not every month.

I bought a spare but have not needed to use it (yet).

I was using either Tunze 6055, MP40, or Gyre 250 up until last year (I like trying out powerheads :hmm5:). I was using a pair of 6055 until one of the power supplies stopped working on the Tunze. When I tried to replace the power supply I then realized how expensive theywere, so I opted to try out two Jebao OW-25 instead thinking that if 1 of the power supplies stopped, then I might have a second issue down the road. In any case, I've been using the OW-25 for almost a year now and I don't have any major complaints for them. I wish they had more programs to offer, but aside from this they've been working well and without issues.

I bought two RW-15 and one lasted about two months, the other about 3 months. Then the store sent me two replacements and they both stopped working after a couple of months.

I've had 5 Jebao pumps over the years and they all ran great for 5 or more years.
I recommend them.

Currently running 2 RW8 Master and Slave, running since December, no issues, also I run a DCP5000 return at 75% ultra quiet and strong flow, feeds also my UV Sterilizer and 2 reactors.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

I have 2 pp-4's and a DCT4000 return pump, they been running for 2 years with no problems (knock on wood). I clean them every 3 months.

There have been reports, that are fairly well substantiated, that in the past Jebao products have leeched heavy metals into tanks because of poor build quality leading to exposure of interior parts. When you buy one you know you are getting a cheaper mass-produced knock-off and run some risk of issues from poor quality. Most people don't have issues like this, but it is something to consider. I have always felt that with the amount of money most of us spend on livestock that some corners aren't worth cutting.

Add to this that Jebao products are built and based on stolen designs from American and European countries, and then built in China and, at least for me, there is a component of ethical issues.

Back