Are you guys going to the Bay Area Coral Farmer Market in June

$15 or $40 seems like a bargain to me, considering all that's going to be available at one place. Especially if there's going to be a special guest, like the SoCal events.

How about the mermaid from Aquamarine?:thumbsup:

Weird, it must be blocked at work, because I can get on through a proxy. Odd, that's like the only blocked site I've ever seen.

It still doesn't work, I think it's blocked for some reason.

Anyway, I still can't decide if I want to pay the money to go or not. I might just do it.

I shared a booth at the SoCal one and I had a great time. As far as ticket prices think about it this way. There will be a ton of vendors selling popular corals. If ever vendor has superman danae why would they all still sell it for $80-$100. They want to sell it. So vendors will end up competing. Instead of paying $80 you could probably find a frag for like $50. That is a $30 savings right there. This event is really supposed to be aimed at the rare coral collecting part of this hobby. There will be a lot of corals there that you wouldn't normally be able to see in person. I'm going to share a booth again here in Fremont and I can tell you that the prices of some of the corals alone will make it worth it. Plus at the end of the day people WILL be selling left over frags for very cheap. It was such a pain to have to bag corals up again and bring them back home. At the end of the day in SoCal I sold over 50 frags for $5 each. I'm even thinking of giving away a frag to each guest to help cover their costs. I just have to see if we will have the tank space.

If you guys have any other questions feel free to ask me. There is also a message board for the event.

I'll be going. Gonna hang out at the New Alameda booth, plus I want to see Jendub's stuff. Actually, that whole vendor list is looking pretty good. Might as well kill the day checking out all the cool stuff in person.

Back