ATI Bubble Master Skimmer?

Hi all,

I have a BM 250 since a week running now and it is still very noisy. Is this disappearing by itself by time, or do I have a real problem?

Thanks Monty

humming should be normal but no stuttering or something like that... a would say a constant vibration would be normal.

Hi all,

I have a BM 250 since a week running now and it is still very noisy. Is this disappearing by itself by time, or do I have a real problem?

Thanks Monty

My BM was running great the first 10 days or so then the noise came and it got louder. A week or so later the pump wasn't pushing water and I thought it was a defective pump and had it replaced. I came to find out afterward it was the mesh that came loose and not the pump. I'm not happy with the performance with the pw that came with the new pump and just ordered the purple pw from ReefSpecialty and it was shipped 2 days ago. If it comes in today I'll replace it this weekend and see how it goes.

I was shutting the skimmer off during each feeding then after a few days it wouldn't restart then the noise problem came. Are you shutting the skimmer during feedings? Also check the mesh to see if it's tied down good. When it was working it was really good.

I received the purple PW (actually the color is red while their picture is purple on the web) and it didn't come with any instruction even though I left remarks asking for one. They charged $6 for Priority Shipping and the package came in regular First Class mail with 3 Forever stamps and 1 printed stamp of $0.07 cents. Appears to be Drop-ship from ATB USA in Sunnyvale, CA.

I'm lousy when it comes to repairs so I'm hoping there's some online tutorial showing how to take apart the mesh wheel from the magnet. If anyone can point me in that direction or where to even begin I would greatly appreciate it.

TIA!

ive just gotten my replacement pump and they seem to have improved the design of the cable leaving the motor and the cable itself. more sturdy now! I like..
just to calm any concerns about that pump, the new generation seems more sophisticated.

Anyone else here change the mesh wheel for the PPW on the BM160? Changed mine out to the PPW and it seems to make more noise and does not start up for me unless i pull the whole skimmer out the water and then slowly put back in the water. I thought The PPW was supposed to have less start up issues but is completly opposite in my case. Wanted to see if anyone else is having my experience.

Which one did you get, small or large? I got the small and restarts are no problem. I was told the large could make restarts worse, or at least not improve the restart issue.

I have some noise and lower output but am dealing with a rebuilt skimmer so could be that. I think the PPW needs to be tight to the impeller, is yours? I am having trouble getting it up really tight - scared to break it.

yeah i have problems with the large purple pinwheel restarting even on my brand new pump...thats 30$ wasted imo....probably should of gotten the smaller one. live and learn

Yup, I got the large one too. Its pulling some good skimmate but its just so loud and it sounds like its gonna eventually break the impellar the way it knocks. I Had start up issues with the mesh but nothing like i do now with the PPW.

Agree with you jubjub, 30 bucks down the drain.

I've the BM200 and the mesh on the wheel became loose and caused it not to function correctly and I've swapped out two pinwheels including the purple (large) and I must say the mesh was the best when it was working. I may have to look for a mesh replacement. Since getting the purple I only had starting problem once.

does the bm 200 have 2 pumps or just one? i just ask cause maybe like one pump helps the other start.

has anyone tried the small purple pinwheel? the size difference just seems like a waste like it wouldnt help vs the stock pinwheel

Back