Aussie monti color shift

Ebn

There are a few pieces of this floating around and was wondering how they're coloring up. Came back from winter break and definitely noticed the difference.

Original colorations
Aussie%20Monti01.jpg

Month after being in the tank
D2X_1421.jpg

Here is what it looks like today
D2X_1675.jpg

Are your's holding it's color?

Eric- I noticed that the green started to fade within a week. I thought it was starting to brown out, but then it is starting to get a blue hue to it. Not this bold yet though

Wow. Where did you find the Monti, Eric? I got an Aussie monti too that has the same base as the first picture but with purple polyps. I wonder if the base will turn different color too. Bought mine at AG.

Daniel, let me know if your's does the same thing. I haven't moved mine and it just changed coloration over the 1.5 weeks that I was away for the holidays.

Perry, got the monti from Clint up north in Napa. Got any pictures of your's? Sounds very interesting. GW and I went in on the colony and I've kept my half intact while he's traded most of his for other corals. Parts of it went to Norman and a few others so I'm wondering if the colors have changed in their's.

Dude Boun, I was at your place the other day and told you "look your monti is turning blue." haha. Its not the same as it was.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11668779#post11668779 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ianiwane
Dude Boun, I was at your place the other day and told you "look your monti is turning blue." haha. Its not the same as it was.

Dam! I must have not been paying attention to it. I'll take a closer look at it tonight. hahaha!

What lighting does everyone have it under? How high in the tank is it. I have mine a few inches under the water surface. Under 6x54 T5HO. Its still green in color.

I think the picture is accurate -- poylps are blue and not purple.

Tom,
I can frag one for you. See you Sunday.

Back