Bali diving in Amed

Chrisjbarry

Looking for good dive shops around Amed Bali. I have chose this area as it is only about 2 hours from the area we are staying. I have heard its great reef diving. Any help would be great thanks in advance.

Ive been to Bali several times. Amed has some very nice dive sites. You're staying two hours away? What area are you staying in?

I've stayed at the Grand Hyatt. It was nice and had a very "Bali" feel. There're lots of restaurants on the property and Nusa Dua has some good choices as well. The other Hyatt, the Hyatt Regency, is terrible. Old and falling apart. Ubud is a very special place. I can't remember the dive shop I used, but it was Japanese owned and operated and out of Nusa Dua. You're going to have a great time!

Ahmed is just "down" the road from Tulamben. Probably nice diving but if you go that far, you should consider diving the "Liberty Wreck" in Tulamben, another 20 minutes or so north of there....

Ahmed is just "down" the road from Tulamben. Probably nice diving but if you go that far, you should consider diving the "Liberty Wreck" in Tulamben, another 20 minutes or so north of there....

I'd lump Tulamben in with Amed as being in the same dive area. +1 on the Liberty. It's one the worlds best wreck dives.

I really want to see a lot of corals when I go. Does the wreck have a lot of good reefs? BTW this is my first dive outside of being certified. I am going to do a couple more practice dives at the lake around here just to get comfortable with it before traveling around the world .

The Liberty wreck has been down there since WW2, so there's good growth. It's a shore dive, thus it's a fairly easy wreck dive. You might also want to check out Menjangan Island. It's a long van ride from Nusa Dua, but very nice and fairly easy. FYI, some of Bali's off shore sites have some very strong currents.

Chris I dived there a few years back with a company called Aquamarine, I found them very good. There is some coral on Liberty wreck, but another site close to this is good for coral and fish life. The dive site is called Amed Coral Garden, it has very little current and good visibility so good if you are inexperienced.

Last edited:
Chris I dived there a few years back with a company called Aquamarine, I found them very good. There is some coral on Liberty wreck, but another site close to this is good for coral and fish life. The dive site is called Amed Coral Garden, it has very little current and good visibility so good if you are inexperienced.

Great may have to check both places out.

Aquamarine was great and the wreck and coral garden surpassed my expectations on what all I would see. Now I keep getting told all my dives in Florida and Mexico will not look at good :( guess I will have to go back and dive again.

Glad the dives were great. You're right. One you dive the tropical Indo-Pacific, the Caribbean just isn't that great. I think you need to planning your next trip!

Back