BAR April 11th Meeting featuring Charles Delbeek

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14811071#post14811071 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tuberider
Yee Haw the BACFM! I swear I'm only going to buy what is absolutely necessary:rolleye1:

same!....unless I can make some more room :p:lol:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14811587#post14811587 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Gomer
same!....unless I can make some more room :p:lol:

You guys are making this way too hard, man. A simple upgrade will take care of your limited space issue. Come on, I know you want to...:D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14816154#post14816154 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tuberider
My new thing is gluing coral onto coral, it works wonders!
i am still in the phase of see how much glue i can get everywhere except on the bottom of the frag.

btw i am always down for trades. just let me know what you got.=)

Did anyone get a chance to ask Charles about the state of the corals at the Cal Academy Aquarium? I noticed in my most recent visit a month ago that a lot of the corals in the big main display window have died off. I hope the tank is just undergoing some stabilization right now since the old Steinhart reef was very nice with some large specimens.

They are reconfiguring the lighting, not to mention the tank is still stabilizing. My Hydonophora looks great, I know that!

Jeremy, I went to the aquarium a week or 2 ago. Where was your Hydo at? The displays were nice. Like the FW displays too.

It's on the side view of the display down at the bottom, it's the plating variety with horns.

I'll take a look at it again the next time I visit there. Loved that big reef display with all the anthias/wrasses and misdas blennies etc. in that big tank.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14837500#post14837500 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by reefkeeper1
Did anyone get a chance to ask Charles about the state of the corals at the Cal Academy Aquarium? I noticed in my most recent visit a month ago that a lot of the corals in the big main display window have died off. I hope the tank is just undergoing some stabilization right now since the old Steinhart reef was very nice with some large specimens.

It's still going through 'new tank syndrome' - you know the time where some corals thrive and some don't and no matter what you do you cant figure out why :D . We recently changed all the bulbs, will be starting ozone soon and then start experimenting with placing some acro and see how they do. In the next year or two the tank should really start to take off.

Rich hows your supply of Acros? I have some micropthalama and green slimer both of which grow like champs... don't know if you want a ton of 1" frags or a bigger clump or anything though.

Back