bennerkla's 5.5 AGA Nano Reef Diary (Lots of PICS!!!)

Ben,

Your tanks looking great, glad to see your back at it. Isn't the shimmer cool with the halide?

Floyd- what is your AIM name? The dimensions I think are 16" X 10" by 8".

atram- thanks! I love the MH shimmer. Did you manage to get any inside canopy pics of your 5.5?

I'll probably post some more pics tomorrow guys! My tank is looking much better with a stable temp at 80.7.

Cya,

Ben

lakebound: so your pretty much saying i dont do outdoor activites, i sit around all day, but i shouldnt take offense to that?

thats like going up to someone, calling them a racial slur, then saying, no offense, completely condradictory in my opinion

not trying to start a fight, just saying that comment was unnecessary!

First of all that wasnt anything like a racial slur, very different catagory. You are right, reading back on that now makes me question what it was I was trying to say. I didnt say that you never went outside. I was saying that a lot of people log alot of time at the computer/ chat time. To each his own, if thats your thing thats fine... its just impressive with the amount of posts you have. Take it for what its worth, I'm not fighting either; statement withdrawn if you like. Sorry for the meaningless post in your thread Ben.

No problem.

Here are some updated shots, notice the 2 small red mushrooms in the back, and the tiny RBTA mixed with my Green Star Polyps.

aaa7.jpg

aaa2.jpg

aaa6.jpg

aaa5.jpg

aaa4.jpg

aaa3.jpg

aaa1.jpg

He only has 9.45 posts per day.
On another website, which shall remain nameless, not reef related, I have 10,168 posts and have been there a little over two years, 12.14 posts per day.

after thinking, usign the racial slur as an similie wasnt the best, only a similie, and yes it is in a way different category, a better analogy would be to insult someone, then be no offense

i was trying to point out it was contradictory, and i kinda looked liek i was trying to start something in my post too, but i do understand what you are saying

sry for these posts ben,

but nice hitchikers!

Where in Ohio are you origionally from? Great looking tank, both versions haha! Im trying to do the home/college tank juggle so i feel yr pain!

Thanks guys. I'm from Granville, which is near Columbus. I'm hoping that I'll be able to take my tank with me to my dorm room next year, but I'm not sure yet. We'll have to see!

id love to see a fts if u can get one. and i think a couple of sexy shrimp would look sweet in there!

nate :beer:

Alright! =)

Alright! =)

Hey,
Ben I've been reading your posts for 2 days now. Just finished. Awesome little thing. Man it made me regret selling my 2 5 gallon tanks. But I am saving for my 40 reef. I was so sad for you, when I saw the heater failed. I know how it feels to put your heart into something like that then uhhh major upset. Love the little tank. I have a question, a person needs to have a glass top if they use MHs? The person I ordered my light from and several online, used them without a glass top. What do you think? Just don't know how to do it. I sold a bunch of things so I could save for my 40 reef. Man how expensive. I don't even want to add up how much I have spent. So far I have a 40gallon aga, Remora Pro, Visi Therm Heater, Aqualight Pro, RO DI Unit, refractometer, and a reef master pro. Stands almost done. I still have to buy my Power Heads. What one's would you recommend? Or anyone else? I just had a mishap with the aquarium stand. I went to stain it and the stain turned orange! It was supposed to be golden pecan! Oooh that made me mad. So I had to take all the wood off, even the nice moulding. Tried sanding it down and redoing it, but I had to go and buy new wood and moulding cause it was coming out uneven. So that made me mad. I love reefers. You guys are awesome. Some people though, I feel bad for. How come sometimes you guys get so upset at beginners? Where's the love people???? Okay sorry so long. Just wanted to tell you I love your posts! Thanks. I have to get up in like 4 hours. See what your post did to me??? ;) :mad: :p

Hey guys.

The past 6 months have been crazy. I gave my 5.5 nano to a friend near me because I was not able to keep a tank in my dorm room (too small of a room, no room for top off bucket, no RO water, too risky, etc.) But I'm going to go visit my friend sometime after Christmas to get some updated shots of the tank. When I called on Thanksgiving everything was going great in the little tank.

Sorry to just abandon everything on this thread, but I've been so busy at school. Virginia Tech is going great, I was able to make Dean's List with a 3.74 GPA this semester, so it paid off.

I'll post updated shots once I get them. Happy Holidays!!

-bennerkla

Back