bennerkla's 5.5 AGA Nano Reef Diary (Lots of PICS!!!)

what is the green thing? is that starbust polyps or something?

i got a great idea ben!

howa bout you put a tang or two in there, just in case it might have ich, then you can put it in your "large tank" later

:mad2:

sry to see kenny disgraced your thread by posting in it

Hey at least my tang is still alive and has a great appetite. The yellow one on the other hand is dead...The fact is I haven't killed a single fish since the start of my tank. However someone here has openly admitted to killing a yellow tang...and somehow they get away with that? You guys are all whacko.

Wow kenny, less than 3 months and ALL your fish are STILL alive?

What an accomplishment!!

Please don't post in MY thread anymore.

Yes, they are Green Star Polyps. Also have some Organ Pipe in there as well.

121469cinclown.JPG

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7526522#post7526522 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Kennyboy1984
[/B]
Look at the size of that fish in the full tank shots. It is really small. I agree, a full size clown in a 5.5 is not advised, but I am confident that Ben knows this.

You on the other hand, already have fish too large for your system. Fish that swim all day. Your bioload is already WAY too high, and on a tank with no protein skimmer.

But I know, that 125 will be set up any day now.

nice tank ben...i personally like it better with the small amount of rocks in there...to me, that makes it look larger and more realistic...only problem is, it give you less room to put all your corals!

Thanks guys. I have a full size clownfish in my 75 gallon, but obviously didn't want to put it in my 5.5. This clown is less than .5", and Serdar, the owner of Phishy Business, said it was more that perfect for him.

Kenny, STAY OUT OF MY THREAD.

Have yet to figure out how to transfer to college, but I think I'm going to start it up with some local frags in Blacksburg.

If things looks better today, I'll post some more pics!

Cya guys,

Ben

Nice progression... yeah, Ive got a cinnamon as well.
Didnt notice, is he hosting in anything right now?
Mine's an agressive eater by day, anemone couch potato by night all tucked in and such.

Sorry, just can't sit on the sidelines on this one... :) Nice tank Ben, that clown looks just adorable in there. Keep up the great work! :D

Kenny, get bent.

lakebound- he is actually "trying to decide" between the mushroom and frogspawn. He seems to love both corals, and spends an equal amount of time at each one. It'll be interesting to see if he eventually picks one of them or not.

calvin- Thanks!

Hey at least my tang is still alive and has a great appetite. The yellow one on the other hand is dead...

hate to say, but we told you so, i guess a 24 pod is too small for 2 tangs after all... who knew:rolleyes:

Pink- 1463 posts is quite impressive for only 5 months on Reef Central! I've been posting a lot in almost 3 years and I only have 500 more posts.

yea, i get bored after school

come home and chat on AIM while on RC during the week

not on weekends toom much, unless at night wen im home, big surprise there

what are the dimensions of a 5.5?

length and how far back?

im goign to build a gravity fuge, basically water is pumped up by a Mj 900, to a 5.5 sitting so half of the tank is above my 29, flows out rhough a 1/2 in or 3/4 in bulkhead, good spot for carbon, poss. heater and maybe skimmer return

Yep, some people have to much "computer" time on their hands and not enough outdoor activity time. I am definately in awe of the ratio of posts to time for some people like Mr. Pink Floyd. Not downing anyone (so dont take that wrong), its just like cleche, " to each his own.."

Back