bennerkla's 5.5 AGA Nano Reef Diary (Lots of PICS!!!)

Tank looks great! What do you have in mind for an auto top off? That tank has to evaporate a lot with that MH on there.

Thanks. When I get the heater (which I will not plug in), I'll put it in the fuge and zip tie the tubing to the heater, same as my old setup...

cheato1.jpg

Hey all, thanks for the compliments. I have a lot of new corals, but everyday half of them look great, and the other half does not. Then it switches. So I'm trying to wait until they all look halfway decent before I snap a shot. I'm having huge temperature fluctuations, which I'm trying to battle since my stupid heater doesn't have a temp gauge. (grrr).

I'll hopefully post some pictures soon! My clown is doing just fine.

Cya guys,

Ben

Finally, I got my temp stable at around 80. My SPS really didn't like the fluctuations, but my corals looked a bit better today. Hopefully tomorrow they will look decent enough for a full tank shot, until then you will have to dream away!

Later my nano reefing friends,

Ben

Lookin good man...I just got home to find out my yellow tang is MIA. My guess is he died and was devoured by my clean up crew. Now to find out how...Anyways, I like the tank and those Halides look pretty sweet, keep it up.

Kennyboy quit trying to hijack threads and go take a pic of your "125". Ben great tank can't wait to see more pics sorry for the small hijack on my part but this guy just won't stop maybe one of the mods could give him a time out then maybe he would have time to take a pic I felt bad for him for a minute since everyone was jumping on him but since he is taking is rambling and BAD advice everywhere he goes I could care less if he gets flamed to death.

Ben, I got the PM but I won't be able to talk much business until I get back from Europe (trying to save some cash for once). Sorry for not replying back though. Kennyboy, your lame.

Patty- Thanks for the compliment, and I understand!

Mdisalvo- no problem man.

Corals are just starting to open up this morning, looks like I'll take a picture today, but keep in mind how much better it has looked in the past... :(

Hey Ben, what's up? I know you got some new corals.... let's see some pics.

BTW I got you a box so you won't get zapped any more :)

Sent you a pm.

Ask for and you shall receive...

glow3.jpg

glow2.jpg

glow5.jpg

glow1.jpg

glow7.jpg

glow6.jpg

glow4.jpg

The corals are still a little gloomy, but you get the idea!

Let me know what you think.

Thanks guys, any questions?

Ben

The MH is great, I love the shimmer effect and it will really help out my corals. You might want to think about a 150 for your 10 gallon.

Nah, I don't really want to get into the more light demanding corals, I just want it to look better than just pc lights, plus saying you have mh lights is just cooler.

Kennyboy quit trying to hijack threads and go take a pic of your "125"

check out his thread... 125? what 125!?!?!?

You hear that ben. He kept a yellow tang in a 55 gallon. And now it is dead! You need to give him a talkin to.

its not okay to keep a yellow in a 55, but it is for a hippo in a 24?

nice tank ben!

like how its coming together!

Back