Best Glass Scraper

hmspradlin

There's plenty out there to choose from. Looking for a magnetic with choice of adding a razor if ones not attached already. Opinions on what works best? Mostly film algae but developing coraline and it is quite the b*tch to get off. If you got one and want to sell it to me, let me know

I can't say enough good things about The Flipper. It's a bit spendy, but I love mine. Takes coralline off like butter. I also use the blade for film algae because my blenny gets so excited about the big pieces that come off.

I was a little hesitant about the flipper but its actually really nice. I have a nano and the magnet seems to be just slightly too weak for 1/4" but it works. The scrapper is nice too.

Think I have most of them; magniavore, algaefree, mag float and tunze. My two favorite are magniavore and tunze. I leave both in the tank, but the only one I ever use is tunze. It is by far the best I've tried. I have 1/2 glass and just use the plastic stiock blades and it easily cleans the glass of everything. U can also get Down in the sand with it without risk of picking up sand. It's the best IMO.

There's plenty out there to choose from. Looking for a magnetic with choice of adding a razor if ones not attached already. Opinions on what works best? Mostly film algae but developing coraline and it is quite the b*tch to get off. If you got one and want to sell it to me, let me know

If u have a glass tank i love my flipper max. Acrylic tanks not worth it. I hear the tunze version is good 2

the wallpaper scraper you can buy at walmart that uses interchangeble safety blades...costs less than 3 bux, but you have to get your hands wet.

I am using the Tunze care strong as well, works well. The reason I bought it is the near zero possibility of scratching. However, it doesn't float, so if you drop it, go fish.

I just got a Tunze Care, and it definitely does a great job with scraping. The replacement blades are also cheaper than the Flipper ones.

Thanks to everyone for their input. I received my tunze today. I absolutely love it. I hooked it up w some fishing line and a bobber so I can get ahold of it if it comes apart. But I LOVE the fact I could get down into the sand bed and not a single scratch. So impressed and will highly recommend to those with this kind of spending budget

Slightly off topic, but can anyone suggest an acrylic-safe scraper? My Magfloat does a very poor job at the seems of my tank, and I'd love to clean the corners up, but the last thing I want to do is to scratch it all up.

Back