Best herbivor for a 55g

Are you looking for a fish to eat hair algae, algae off the glass, or off the rocks? Or are you just looking for a fish that is a herbivore? You could have a blue tang or a purple tang (might be pushing the size limit though). You could get a clown fish - they are omnivores.

i would really like a tang but i am not sure it will be the best for a 55g tank. I just want a fish to keep algea in check so it doesnt get too outta hand for even me. Does anyone else think i could keep any kinda tang besides a yellow tang (everyone has one).

Well i belive a tang is not a good choice even tho i would really wish to have one i dont think my tank will be good enough. So any other suggestions on a nive fish to keep algea in check in my tank? Preferably anything other then a blenny.

Yeah I say maybe one of two lawnmower blennys the most would definitely keep the algae problem in check.

Snails and crabs are still gonna be in the tank i just think i would like a fish to also. I like when the fish graze on the rocks and stuff too.

Back