best lens for portraits

rogerwilco357

ok the canon macro 100L lens seems to be choice for shooting corals , what would be best for portraits ? I want to take my son's graduation pics and would like to make the best of my head shots any idea what lens works or is worth the buck?
Roger

both

both

well I would like to use it mainly indoors but wouldn't mind the versatility of shooting both in and out on the 5dmkII..

well I would like to use it mainly indoors but wouldn't mind the versatility of shooting both in and out on the 5dmkII..

I'd recommend the Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L for it's flexibility. Also, you might consider bringing along a second lens. Go with a fast prime something like a 50mm or 85mm f/1.2L, both are capable of producing some stunning portraits. Lens are expensive, you don't always have to buy. I'll highly recommend Lensrentals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah

yeah

none of the lenses for portraits are cheap I would love to get the Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L lens just need to justify the buy ..

The 100mm L should work imo. The 135mm L also has a very nice look if you want to stick with a prime. If you don't want a prime I would use the 70-200 2.8, just shoot close to 200mm

It's really hard to suggest the "best lens" for portrait because lens choice is really subjective. your 100mm can do great pictures for male headshot, not so flattering for female, cause it too sharp.

If you need range, I would try either a 70-200 f2.8 is so that you have the flexibility and quality. If you are a prime type of person, I would go with a 135mm f2 which is a SWEET lens.

It's really hard to suggest the "best lens" for portrait because lens choice is really subjective. your 100mm can do great pictures for male headshot, not so flattering for female, cause it too sharp.

If you need range, I would try either a 70-200 f2.8 is so that you have the flexibility and quality. If you are a prime type of person, I would go with a 135mm f2 which is a SWEET lens.

135mm is nice but a bit long, my fav. Prime is the 35mmL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back