Biggest sump to fit under a 75gl tank standing

Reefrock

Premium Member
Hello...so I have started up a 75gl tank using a canister filter until I can get a sump up and running. Problem I have is I a using a 75 gallon tank and stand with double doors. I cannot get anything underneath ito fit unless it is 22" in length or shorter, 20gl tank and sumps are all around 24" and can't slide it in...tank is full and running and up again wall with 4" clearance from wall. Haas anyone found a good tank to use as a sump in this stand short of installing it prior to the tank sitting on it already? Looks like my best option is a 15gl high...trying to maximize my sump..one option is to use 2 15gl high tanks side by side ..they are 20" in length

Any suggestions that I might not have thought of?

Sounds like you got it covered. Nothing we really can suggest that you dont have the available to you.

Bigger stank
Custom sump
Remove tank to put sump through the top

i did (back when i was young and cheap) have two smaller sumps in the stand. Drilled them and had two bulkheads connected. It did work. :)

I had the same problem with my 100g stand. I was trying to fit a 55g under as my sump. I just reinfoced the opening with support at the outside of the double door opening with a few 2x4 and took out the middle support just long enough to slide the 55 in place below. put center support back in, remove the 2x4 and, reinstall the doors.

I bought the trigger 44 which I thought would fit but didn't. Luckily It was a new setup and I installed it from underneath. Some day it's going to bite me in the ....

Back