Black silicone or cear..

Upgrading from 75g to 90g. Paid the lfs for the tank and it will be delivered at the weekend, I was in the lfs today and noticed the tank reserved with my name on it has black silicone seams, my 75g was clear silicone.
I decided to go with the black but now having doubts, the 75g after some years of use had untidy slightly damaged silicone edges, I am thinking the black will look more obvious when/if the seams are damaged.
Has anyone had a black seamed tank and regretted it for that reason?
Thank you.

I personally love black silicone tanks and haven't had problems in the past with that at all..

My current tank has black silicone. There are some spots where the feathering is kinda "chewed" from the mag float and other abrasions, but trust me; nobody is judging the silicone if you have a good looking tank!

Wow, 3 in favor of the black silicone-thank you for your replies. I like the way it looks, I was expecting a thumbs down for the black! I will wait a couple of days before I decide.

I've had both. It took me a little while to get used to the black on my 120DT. I sorta like it better as well.

Black is my preference also. Clear will become yellowed over time, but even if it were to stay clear I would prefer the look of black,

My current tank has black silicone. There are some spots where the feathering is kinda "chewed" from the mag float and other abrasions, but trust me; nobody is judging the silicone if you have a good looking tank!

And if they are, kick em out.

I have clear on mine, if my next is custom it will be black.

Ok black it is, thank you for your interest. I look forward to having it delivered soon...

I'm clearly the outlier here but I love clear. On a staphire tank, clear is clean and seamless of done correctly. That's my .02 cents anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back