Blue/purple playing sponge coral for sale or CDP

mkart

Anyone interested in a frag of this blue/purple leather? It is starting to get bigger than I want and plan to pull several Frags from it. Have one from maintenance this morning about 2" in diameter. $10 a frag or CDP if you are a SLASH member. It's a pretty cool coral. It's the top layered coral. Almost looks like big mushrooms you see on the side of a tree. No idea what it actually is.

361e5bcc13e3fc03c7c517909bd66e23.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried messing with the photo to make it look better. Need to get out my SLR some day.

719d61fbefbdc8bd13f9ebf1cec08f47.jpg

You got it. You can pick it from me at my home in Chesterfield or I can bring it to a Pizza night.

I'll be hosting April pizza night so that's works. Details to come.

Sounds good, if anyone else wants one let me know

I does look like a montipora but it is some type of soft leather. Maybe a version of a cabbage coral.

I got you guys. Let me know if you want to pick it up or get it on Pizza night.

I’d like a piece but am out of town for a week. If you can hold onto a piece that would be great. I have no idea what my cdp points look like. I’ll buy a frag though.

I'm pretty sure that's what it is... I'd suggest not exposing the sponge frags to air when transferring between tanks... there is also a red variant that looks good

I'm pretty sure that's what it is... I'd suggest not exposing the sponge frags to air when transferring between tanks... there is also a red variant that looks good

I agree, this definitely what it is. If anyone still wants it you can google the name below for more information.

Photosynthetic Plating Blue Sponge

Back