bolts

Then that doesn't actually make a lightning fan, Rays or Bucs fan then, just makes you a local team fan. So if you moved to New York or Chicago would you become a cubs or Yankees fan?

After a bit of time YES I would be a fan of those teams. Dont get me wrong. I have been here longer then some of our members have been alive. "29 Years" More then that other large citys dont need my support. But Tampa does!!! As I said in the last post what are the % of Tampa fans in the stands.
This really doesnt matter because no one will really listen and my opinion means nothing. I just have to say my piece. I believe in the next few years we will loose the Rays. Maybe not to long after that we might loose the Bucs if we dont start doing better. If the Bolts started loosing for a couple seasons we could loose them too. We dont have those loyal fans here like other places do. We have Band wagon fans. If our team is doing well then we have fans.
I hope everyone gets what I am talking about.

After a bit of time YES I would be a fan of those teams. Dont get me wrong. I have been here longer then some of our members have been alive. "29 Years" More then that other large citys dont need my support. But Tampa does!!! As I said in the last post what are the % of Tampa fans in the stands.
This really doesnt matter because no one will really listen and my opinion means nothing. I just have to say my piece. I believe in the next few years we will loose the Rays. Maybe not to long after that we might loose the Bucs if we dont start doing better. If the Bolts started loosing for a couple seasons we could loose them too. We dont have those loyal fans here like other places do. We have Band wagon fans. If our team is doing well then we have fans.
I hope everyone gets what I am talking about.

I Def get what your saying in supporting our teams or they won't be around and that will be a total loss. Even the big cities have band wagon jumpers and those if you ask me are the worst fans out their. I grew up loving the Hawks and in the 90s you couldn't give a tix away. Now look I bet 90% of the ppl who go to the games couldn't even name 5 ppl from back then. All they do is jack up prices so real fans can't afford to go. Last hawks game I tried to go it was 75 for standing room you have lost your mind spent ing that to stand. I just hope with this trip the bolts can get some real fan base

I Def get what your saying in supporting our teams or they won't be around and that will be a total loss. Even the big cities have band wagon jumpers and those if you ask me are the worst fans out their. I grew up loving the Hawks and in the 90s you couldn't give a tix away. Now look I bet 90% of the ppl who go to the games couldn't even name 5 ppl from back then. All they do is jack up prices so real fans can't afford to go. Last hawks game I tried to go it was 75 for standing room you have lost your mind spent ing that to stand. I just hope with this trip the bolts can get some real fan base

I used to feel that way too, but I've changed my mind. When I was growing up people who didn't play hockey didn't care about hockey. Now the youth hockey programs are at record numbers, every bar plays the games, and people who don't play are excited and love to watch. It makes me happy. Win or lose this is a good thing for hockey in Tampa. Diehard fans from other cities will never make the switch. They just won't. You want the bandwagon fans, you need them. Especially in a city where the kids don't grow up on snow and ice.

I may have had a few cocktails in me last night when I wrote all of that. LOL
All that really matters is we are in! Looking for tickets now.

I'm not a fan of the Lightning, I'll be rooting for them though. I'm a die hard Pens fan, being from Pittsburgh my loyalties lie there, but hope you guys get to bring Lord Stanley back to the bay. Next year it'll be back at the confluence of the three rivers in Pittsburgh, keep it clean for us.

Tampa Bays weather forecast for tonight:
0% chance of lightning. 100% chance of reign.
2db2acc9f215b40bcb3010a2aef510a8.jpg

I watched the game last night, and Blackhawk fans have to be worried. Crawford looked terrible all night. Before last nights game I didn't think that Tampa had a chance, just think the Blackhawks looked too good. They're vulnerable if their goalie plays poorly. And the line with Tyler Johnson is a good one. It'll be an interesting series.

We dominated them in game 1 though. They got 2 very easy goals that bish could not have done anything about. But hey game 2 worked out in our favor and so will the rest. Let's hope bishop isn't hurt though...

As much as i hope there is nothing wrong with bishop, I am not to stressed as this Skiy kid seems pretty damm good.
Of all the corny things I have heard about this is "Stanley needs a tan" Is my fav
Personally I think we dominated both games. the hawks are a very good team but I think if we keep playing at this pace I think we have the hawks number. Plus we are very good on the road.

Back