New to all this reefing 😄

To be honest I don't have time for all that, 2 kids and work takes up 90% of my time, 10% is all I have for my tank 🤣
I hear you. I won’t make work and kid excuses (kids are all grown and I only spend about 45 hours a week at work), I’ll just admit I’m lazy.

So, I feed a mix of frozen brine shrimp, Mysis shrimp, Plankton and Reef Plankton.

I also supplement with various pellet foods.

Hi all,

Everything going very well, both my clowns and my CUC are doing great and eating very well 😁

I think I'm slowly entering my ugly stage thou as my sand is going brown as is my rock and some of the brown stuff on my rock is beginning to go a tad stringy 🤢

Is this just something I have to accept and ride out? My parameters are always good, Nitrates and Phosphates do creep up towards the end of each week but with my weekly water changes it keeps it all in check

I did lose a turbo snail a week or so ago and I did add 3 Nassarius snails

Many thanks

Can you post pics of the string brown stuff? Under white light if possible. So we can see if it’s Dinos.

IMG_4547.jpeg

I don't think it looks all that bad. If you just keep up your weekly water changes, you should be fine IMO.

The only thing I can say with regards to the lighting is to check your par before adding corals. Having lights at 100% may be a par shock to corals depending on what they’re used to.

Ok will do thanks, not planning on adding corals yet, want to wait for it to mature a little while longer yet and slowly add some more fish

You don't think the current lighting schedule is fuelling the algae thou??

Algae is photosynthetic so your lights are contributing, however almost every tank goes through the uglies. What are your nitrate and phosphate at?

Phosphate is a bit high and could contribute to the ugly phase. Nitrate is also on the high end of preferred.
1705498088996.png

Back