Bought new led light fixture from China.

My lights run from 8am to 11:00pm with high noon for several hours at 95% on blues and 80% on whites, UV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Needed your expert input. I have Ledzeal as well 48" over a 4 feet tank.
Mixed reef with SPS, great growth. I am really happy with my light and current growth.
Only problem is that my layout has 1 green and 1 red on each cluster. Total of 4 clusters.
I dont like the red and green and want to swap them out with something else.
UV, Blue or Royal Blue.
My channel layout is as follows:
Ch1: 4 Blue, 2 Royal Blue
Ch2: 6 Whites
Ch3: 4 Blue, 2UV
Ch4: 4Royal Blue, 1Green, 1Red

So total on each cluster, 8 Blues, 6 Royal Blues and 2UV.

- Should I replace red/green with All Royal Blues, or All UVs.
- I am inclining towards getting all UVs that will make 4 UVs on each channel. Is there a harm in it.
- Should I make it a combo of 1 UV and RB extra on each channel.

Appreciate your input.
By the way love your tank!

You will probably won't notice the UV's unless you run them by themselves. Given said that I would still add the UV's. I have 4 UV's in each channel and SPS grow just fine.

8c24cc0b0151d691d2610c5af2ff1be2.jpg

Here is the tank today. Most all SPS are fully grown and touching each other.

Really appreciate your reply Rickyb.
No one can argue with your success. I want to replicate exact same environment in my tank.
Can you please share your lighting schedule as well.
Especially, wanted to know, how high is your light from the water surface.

I believe I posted my schedule a few posts back. If You can find it, I'll get it off the controller this evening as the lights are currently off and I'm heading to work. The lights are 15" from the water (I quickly measure this morning).

Loving the tank Ricky. It's awesome. Something to be really proud of!

How have you attached the lights to the blue mounting bars you have? Do you have a quick pic of the fixing please?

That's great, thank you Ricky. I'm going to order some now. Hopefully they do international shipping :)

I'd been looking at extending rails for this job - I will need to modify the location of the power socket to the end of the unit for clearance

They are forum sponsors on RC, so if in the US you can click the banner. Otherwise, Ledzeal.com is their global site.

I think you can order off the shelf from the US, or contact them. For custom builds

Any one have experience with their Zeus series? I think it is their new series, with no cooling fans. It has 250 watts over 5' (the one I would need). They make other sizes

No, I did have a look at those recently out of interest. I have an enclosed cabinet so probably not wise for me

My cabinet is semi enclosed. I have an opening in the back into a closet, and the top of the cabinet has 3 large fans pushing fresh air into the lights and tank.
The closet has an exhaust fan to the outside of the house that runs 24/7.

Back