Bought new led light fixture from China.

That is cool, welcome to Ledzeal group~ :beer:
You took some pictures of your tank ?

Good day to all reefers,

After procrastinating for 1 year of reading this thread and changing my mind, I have finally made the plunge and ordered a Ledzeal Malibu S440 for my Reef tank.

I have used CwStrife's LED settings on Page 63 of this Thread.

I received the light 2 days ago and I have to admit that I love the color and spread of colors in the tank.... Much better than my 'Current USA T5HO 8 X 54W' light canopy.

I cannot wait to see how corals and SPS performs under this new hood.

Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences and comments.... It has been very useful for me to jump onboard with this light.

Have a great day and happy reefing!

Hi guys! i was looking at the new LEDzeal Zeus, how does it compares to the malibus? and since this thread is on going for a few years.. how are the sets holding up?

edit: i read through the whole thread and found out that 1 zeus may not be enough for my 4x2x2ft tank.. its gonna be mainly SPS.. but im also on a tight budget so 2 zeus are out.. is 1 malibu S300 enough?

Last edited:
Hi guys! i was looking at the new LEDzeal Zeus, how does it compares to the malibus? and since this thread is on going for a few years.. how are the sets holding up?

edit: i read through the whole thread and found out that 1 zeus may not be enough for my 4x2x2ft tank.. its gonna be mainly SPS.. but im also on a tight budget so 2 zeus are out.. is 1 malibu S300 enough?

I think the S300 will fit your tank well.

anyone have their light sitting on top using the acrylic supports? Just wondering what the maximum % you are using. I reached out to Kevin, but he wasn't much help on this matter.

I’ve had my lights for 4 years and have had no functional issues with them.

What is the best light schedule for good coral growth?

Last edited:
For all of you that have these lights and have tanks with black center braces. Do the braces impede the lighting and leave a shadow inside the tank at all?

Here is an update a few months later with my custom layout:

k98hle.jpg

2ymx1dc.jpg

28lvuva.jpg

2mgpgg6.jpg

I'll upload more at a later date. Originally some stuff had a hard time adjusting to the big change in spectrum. After a few weeks and some adjustments the corals really came alive and have colors i've never seen before.

Checking to see if anybody with an original Malibu S fixture with a wireless controller happens to have the wireless controller for sale mine took a dive in the sump and loses connectivity every now and then ledzeal does not make the older wireless controller anymore "without app" rf i belive if you do let me know really appreciate it thank you

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I have owned a Malibu S200+ for a year. I recently ordered another 2x Malibu S200 lights for my frag tanks as well as a Zeus light. I haven't hooked the Zeus up yet but I did make heavy modifcations to the LED layout.

Great light except for the blues they use. The default blue is a more sky blue at 470nm which tends to not bring out those really deep colors in coral. So I opted for way more Royal Blue, Violet, and expanding the blue spectrum with some cyan as well. I also eliminated red and green for a more diverse white spectrum.

Personally I love the configuration I did way more than stock, but anyways pics for all.

OLD MALIBU S200+ DEFAULT LED CONFIGURATION

N0ZBKjF.jpg

AFTER MALIBU S200+ MODIFIED LED CONFIGURATION

XPDY0Ql.jpg

8MH5iF4.jpg

q1RISbC.jpg

vWMnjpO.jpg

As you can see it looks more clear after with less emphasis on the bright blue and focusing more on the Royal Blue and Violet with a slight touch of UV to help some of the coral really pop. In the before pic you might be able to see the red and green LED independent and a little stronger on the areas they shine. Now thats been eliminated. Anyone who wants my configuration it is below:

DEFAULT LAYOUT

rJGcSkZ.jpg

MY MODIFIED LAYOUT

YQmlBRd.jpg

Hope this helps anyone considering this light. I have had no problem with any of them, and I have one over a year old still runs strong. These are not the cheap black boxes you would buy on ebay. They are a much higher quality product using meanwell drivers. I will gladly post pictures of the guts of the unit for anyone who wants it for proof, including the meanwell driver. :hb2:
Do you still run this layout cwstrife and how do you like it? Is there anything you would change? i was thinking of upgrading my panels in my s400 again ive been running the layout below for 2yrs ran i different layout prior for 2.5 yrs my second layout is way better then first but I still feel it could be better any info is appreciated thank you
d5397520a131ae2987aa951a85d4753e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

what are your recommendations for a 72lx36wx27h tank?

the tank does have a brace and I would like the lights to sit low over the tank

I see a lot of different models and would rather have smaller lights so I can prevent shadowing. I'm thinking like 6 A120 or X150

I did email over there but they are closed atm with new year.

Whatever you decide to go with, its best for the lights to be 12-18" above the water line for a better light spread. It also prevents salt build up.

Whatever you decide to go with, its best for the lights to be 12-18" above the water line for a better light spread. It also prevents salt build up.

I agree about being higher up to avoid salt creep and also give me access. I think some of it has to do with lenses in the led, like 90 less spread. and power of led to get to bottom of tank. it's 27. do I also don't want light spill

Back