Bourbon

carb850

Any idea which Bourbon distillery puts on a good tour? Man, talk about an ideal place for a meeting. Just have to make sure a hotel is nearby.

I'm liking the way you guys think. :lol:

I imagine the Makers Mark's tour would be the neatest. Matt went to one last year and loved it but I don't know what distillery it was.

I've turned into a fan of Jim Beam Black. I haven't had it in awhile, but last time I purchased it I really liked both Knob Creek and Woodford Reserve.

I went to buffalo trace and really enjoyed it. The tour guides family owned the business and he was very entertaining/knowledgeable. Best of all you get to try the different bourbons they have (they arent stingy :D ) and they also let you try some rootbeer and bourbon balls that they make there.

I havent been to any others but would definitely recommend buffalo trace.

I've never heard of Buffalo Trace. Even on the 'find near you' it came up with no results. So I suppose if I want to taste it I might need to do the distillary tour. :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14565885#post14565885 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by carb850
I've never heard of Buffalo Trace. Even on the 'find near you' it came up with no results. So I suppose if I want to taste it I might need to do the distillary tour. :)
I'd never heard of it either looks like it's only sold in Kentucky . Another reason to come visit... stop by Ashland on your way back from the distillery . :D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14565885#post14565885 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by carb850

If you scroll down to the bottom of the page, you can select your state.
and it appears you can get it here if you are nearby.

Spirits Etc. Discount Liquor, Wine & Beer
5636 US Route 60 E, K-Mart Plaza
Huntington, WV 25705
304-733-2006

BOURBON!!!

BOURBON!!!

Did somebody mention bourbon?? :celeb1:

You name any quality bourbon, me and my buddies have bought a bottle and tried it.

Blanton's is my absolute favorite! Trust me...try it. If you love bourbon, you will likely go banannas over this stuff.

http://blantonsbourbon.com/Bourbons.aspx

BTW - It is one of the premium brands produced at Buffalo Trace distillery!

:D

Amy,
I will take you up on that sometime.

gdm42001,
Excellent find! If I don't make a trip for the full tour I might need to take a lesser trip to Huntington.

crabfan,
What is your favorite day-to-day non special occasion Bourbon? Many seem to like Makers Mark but so far I been partial to the Jim Beam Black.

best i ever had was makers,

my friends parents were given a bottle at their wedding, in the 60s... we found / drank it in the 90s...

if it hadnt been so good i would feel bad... but it was sooooooo good.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14573279#post14573279 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by carb850

crabfan,
What is your favorite day-to-day non special occasion Bourbon? Many seem to like Makers Mark but so far I been partial to the Jim Beam Black.

I drink less than 10 bottles a year, so every single time is special for me! I'll pay twice the price for something that really flips my switch. Unless you drink quite a bit - it isn't that much $$. You can get the Blanton's for around $50 a bottle.

Some of my other favorites (and approximate costs).....
Woodford Reserve = $30 or get the 1.75L for about $50 (very nice stuff)
Elijah Craig 18 year old = $40
Bookers = $60

I think AltpersonA has it right. We need to have a NKRA/ARS tasting party at Amy's house! hahaha

ya, we havent even gotten into the whiskey yet!!!

Mike? you made any progress on this topic yet? we need a venue for the next meet..

I progressed myself through a couple dozen bottles since I posted on this thread if that is the question. :)

No, that's a short sprint, though. 200m is only half a lap around the football field. I love that relay, but it's too short for me. I'm not that fast, just stubborn.

Back