Breeding Pair of Onyx Clownfish

thanks for checking in! they are great! i think i'm actually ready to start selling. they are getting stripe 2, its mostly in for some of them.

i dont know exactly what the size / age guidelines are for selling though. so i'll be watching and responding to PMs.

These guys are ready to find new homes!! Trying to get new homes for everyone ASAP!

IMG_6238-1.jpg

IMG_6251.jpg

IMG_6268.jpg

IMG_6279-1.jpg

thanks for checking in! they are great! i think i'm actually ready to start selling. they are getting stripe 2, its mostly in for some of them.

i dont know exactly what the size / age guidelines are for selling though. so i'll be watching and responding to PMs.

Put me down for a pair

dam thats nice i would like to try this something in the near future

btw did the eggs hatch in your tank with the parents then you removed them?

Last edited by a moderator:
they are doing GREAT! thanks for asking!

i moved and changed the tank around and they are still happily laying eggs every couple of weeks! I have not raised a clutch since that first time, but those guys did well and i plan to raise more in the future (but it's tough in an apartment). maybe i'll even get around to posting a fresh pic :)!

dam thats nice i would like to try this something in the near future

btw did the eggs hatch in your tank with the parents then you removed them?

eggs hatched in the tank and i removed them. figured it's easier than trying to move the eggs given they lay on the anemone rock.

I just got a large pair of Onyx clowns in hopes of going through the same process some day. Your post was very interesting and informative. Thanks for letting us tag along.

Great Job Johnny for your first attempt. I am a bit jealous. I am on my third real attempt over the course of a year. My batch I have currenly is just 2 days old but I have around 75 or so. I just saw your thread and read it from begining to end. Did you try to raise any more?
Happy New Year!

Old thread, but do you have any pictures of the babies when they matured. If you breed a pair of Onyx clowns, do you get Onyx clowns or something different? Isn't the Onyx you started with a half-breed of two other clowns?

I have an Onyx pair and considering trying to breed them once to see what happens.

Back