Breeding True Percs

thats to big of micron to keep rotifers from escaping. you will want something along the lines of 40-50 micron.

Just to give you an idea, i use a 120 micron seive to strain my rotifer buckets, it collects the gunk but the rotifers make it past.

Rather divide the tank up and use it for grow out. Use a $12 10 gallon tank from Walmart for larvae with an air stone and a heater. What you are proposing is not going to work, there are a lot of people with real experience telling you that here, you should listen.

Rather divide the tank up and use it for grow out. Use a $12 10 gallon tank from Walmart for larvae with an air stone and a heater. What you are proposing is not going to work, there are a lot of people with real experience telling you that here, you should listen.

I already have 4 tanks running. The wife will not go for another nor do I have the space. This won't be the first time I have shown the "conventional wisdom" there is more than one way to skin a cat.

+1 get a 10 gal larval just for 30 days then toss them in the 55 gal divided tank! good luck! tell your wife its just for two weeks! lol. my wife is the same! she puts the brakes on every thing that has to do with reefing. lol

Back