Broadfield's Red Sea Reefer 450 Build

How big we're your frogspawn when you got them? They look great!

They have grown about 25% since I got them... about 8 months ago.

Broadfield,

I just ordered a 425XL and have been doing research on it. I was originally planning a full DIY set up, but then got the 425 for a great price. I've, of course, come across some of your mods (particularly for the return nozzle) and have been inspired. I really enjoy your tank and hope I can do some of what you've done with mine. I made a thread as well, but the tank hasn't even been delivered yet :)

Thanks! I'm glad I could be some inspiration. Make sure to share it on the Reefer specific thread I started over on the "other" reef forum.... just Google: "Show off your Red Sea" and it should be the first thing that pops up.

Wow, how do you keep your tank so clean?? lol And LOVE the new sump, are you sticking with the Nyos 160?

Very cool. I always thought there's were white and red only. What model is it?

It is the RS-33 which I had them flip the entire sump so the drains are on the right side. I also had them custom do the orange. If you want a refugium, then the RRS-33 would be the choice.

Wow, how do you keep your tank so clean?? lol And LOVE the new sump, are you sticking with the Nyos 160?

I really only wipe the glass down every few days... otherwise there is zero algae, so I really don't do much. Yes, I absolutely will be keeping the Nyos 160!

Hi Broadfield nice looking tank. I have a white Reefer 450. I was hoping you could share with me your wav's settings / speed / mode? I have mine similarly positioned and anything above 10% is lunacy (it blows water out of teh tank!)
Thanks!

Hi Broadfield nice looking tank. I have a white Reefer 450. I was hoping you could share with me your wav's settings / speed / mode? I have mine similarly positioned and anything above 10% is lunacy (it blows water out of teh tank!)
Thanks!

I actually run Mavericks 100% of the time. With only a start point and an end point... so my plot is literally a straight line across the board. I have ran as high as 40% on the left one and 50% on the right one. Currently I'm running the left one at 25% and the right one at 30%.

I really only wipe the glass down every few days... otherwise there is zero algae, so I really don't do much. Yes, I absolutely will be keeping the Nyos 160!

I run my 450 with the Nyos 160
I clean the glass every few days and have 0 algae also.

Back